PDA

View Full Version : Flight Pants

mazzy1026
23rd Mar 2008, 10:32
I've always thought I was quite savvy when it came to finding things on the Internet, but I am admitting defeat on this one!

I need a pair of "flight pants" that have at least 1 window pocket on the front of the knee, with plastic covering (for temporary markings) and insert capability. I don't need the full suit - just the trousers. Colour doesn't matter, as long as it's not DPM (or pink of course).

They don't even have to be dedicated aviation pants, just as long as they have the window pocket - this is the key. I've tried all (to the best of my knowledge) of the mainstream suppliers, but I can only find the full suit and jackets etc.

Can anyone help me out? In fact, if you have a pair that you don't want (XL)..............

Cheers
Maz :ok:

Whirlygig
23rd Mar 2008, 10:49
Mightn't it have been better to call this thread "Flight Trousers" :} Nearly came over all peculiar then!!

There's a thread on Rotorheads about safety clothing and mention made of flight trousers with a few links to different companies.

Cheers

Whirls

HN1708
23rd Mar 2008, 11:05
3 pack boxers from ASDA do it for me or if i'm feeling lucky i'll wear my M+S ones! :}

maxdrypower
23rd Mar 2008, 12:39
Try going outside the flight clothing supplier box if you havent already and go with suppliers of police and military clothing they might be able to help
http://www.silvermans.co.uk/
http://www.galls.com/
They might help

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
23rd Mar 2008, 14:02
Have look at eBay for this sort of stuff:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAF-Cold-Weather-Trousers-Mk3A-Size-8_W0QQitemZ170201681234QQihZ007QQcategoryZ70988QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pheeel
23rd Mar 2008, 14:20
but do they come with the window pocket HN1708??:eek::}

TheGorrilla
23rd Mar 2008, 19:06
http://www.sportys.com/shopwright/images/5182am.jpg (http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=99&User_ID=4867249&st=6821&st2=74046118&st3=-57795950&CATID=1&Product_ID=1760&count=3&Pcount=3&DETAIL=1)

Jetscream 32
23rd Mar 2008, 19:06
Maz,

As a keen aerobatic pilot i know exactly how you felt, so i designed my own pair - which i have already had sample sets back from the factory.

I expect them to be sold by a well known pilot supplies firm based @ Shoreham in the not too distant future... I hope by the end of April.

Black, Blue, Green or Red - standard sizes inc women.

PM me to put your name down for a pair... :}

mazzy1026
23rd Mar 2008, 19:19
Hehe thanks for the responses - must admit though, title could have been better. I'm sure someone must have clicked on here thinking "ooh pants that can fly"...

I'll have a browse round the links and see what I can find - I'm tempted to get the full flying suit and just wear it half on (or is that a no-no?) :=

SNS3Guppy
23rd Mar 2008, 19:38
How about just a pair of blue jeans and a kneeboard? Do you really need special "trousers" when you fly?

SkyHawk-N
23rd Mar 2008, 19:50
How about just a pair of blue jeans and a kneeboard? Do you really need special "trousers" when you fly?

How exactly can you fly a PA-38 TerrorHawk without special trousers? :p

SNS3Guppy
23rd Mar 2008, 21:09
You're right. What was I thinking?

Don't forget the magic cloud level sight, holding pattern computer, and non-flammable, high visibility, flotation embossed biodegradable jacket, either.

Forget the special pants with the plastic in the knees; have it surgically sewn to your legs, wear what you like, and cut out the knees. Problem solved.

Ni Thomas
24th Mar 2008, 12:00
It's all very well having Transdespair @ Shoreham market the windowed 'pants' but are they going to cater for left handed people? :E

Jetscream 32
24th Mar 2008, 12:03
as churchill the nodding insurance dog says "ohhh yes" :8

Tiger_mate
25th Mar 2008, 08:36
I have seen military pilots wearing a 'strap on' pocket that is not bastardised from an old flying suit, but I guess could be. It has a 'window', pen pocket, and velcroed (closed) pocket large enough for flight reference cards. Couple of velcro straps around your leg and attach to whatever 'pants' floats your boat.

mazzy1026
25th Mar 2008, 17:00
As I'm potentially moving onto the Chipmunk, I don't want a kneeboard in the way - hence me wanting said kecks. Nice try though ;)

Will Hung
25th Mar 2008, 17:07
"I have seen military pilots wearing a 'strap on' "

Have you really ! !

Ken Wells
25th Mar 2008, 20:38
As I'm potentially moving onto the Chipmunk, I don't want a kneeboard in the way - hence me wanting said kecks. Nice try though

Kecks, havn't heard that for ages, makes me home sick.

Is the chippy G-BCSL?

BRL
25th Mar 2008, 20:43
Kecks, havn't heard that for ages, makes me home sick.

Me too, I laughed when I read that...

You from up that way Ken?

Genghis the Engineer
26th Mar 2008, 11:51
I have seen military pilots wearing a 'strap on' pocket that is not bastardised from an old flying suit, but I guess could be. It has a 'window', pen pocket, and velcroed (closed) pocket large enough for flight reference cards. Couple of velcro straps around your leg and attach to whatever 'pants' floats your boat

Are you sure it wasn't an anti-g suit?

G

Lister Noble
26th Mar 2008, 11:59
There is a company near Norwich that make flying suits etc to measure ,I'm sure they would be happy to supply the trousers only.
www.elmers.co.uk/aviation
Lister