PDA

View Full Version : Percentages Hired @ CX

MilPilot
22nd Mar 2008, 16:47
I know there are several posts dealing with this, but couldn't find any current.

1. What percentage passes the 1. interview.

2. What percentage passes the 2. interview.

From what I have gathered the percentages used to be fairly low.

MidgetBoy
23rd Mar 2008, 04:24
At the cadet program, from my starting group of 7, 4 got past the initial testing, 3 got past the 1st interview, 0 got past the 2nd interview.

MilPilot
23rd Mar 2008, 07:41
Same question just for DEFO?

MidgetBoy
23rd Mar 2008, 07:45
I talked to a DEFO applicant when I was there for my cadet interview, he all the DEFO applicants he talked to didn't get through to his stage. It was the interview where he did sim time too. Not sure how many they started out with, he told me he had 5000 hrs and was rated on 737s...
if that helps..

skywaytoheaven
23rd Mar 2008, 13:18
Was there for SO final interviews in Jan, in my group we had 9. 7 or 8 atleast got the job offer.

flying_foos
23rd Mar 2008, 13:34
In my case...

stage 1 initial test there was 7 people...

only me got through the initial and stage 1 interview.

I failed in stage 2 lol...

PASS RATE?...lol can be 0%

Anonymus6
25th Mar 2008, 05:43
in 2007 3 guys from my current company had interview as an SO. 2 got the job the one who didn't study the wrong book.

29th Mar 2008, 02:08
in da initial test, 7 in my group, only i made it thru to 1st interview....in my group of 1st interview only i made it to da 2nd...in da 2nd interview, none made it beyond tat (i failed...XD)

otrendycar
29th Mar 2008, 03:23
Sounds the initial test and the second stage are both difficult to go through.

29th Mar 2008, 03:45
well, u cant reli count on da percentages tho, tryin to calculate ur chance of gettin in

coz their "official answer" is u'll get thru if ur "gd enuf"

one of da HR told me, durin one of da recruiment process, no cadets were recruited...

sounds pretty rough hey?:ugh:

sgsslok
29th Mar 2008, 04:56
The person who started this thread was looking for percentage hired for DEFO, not cadets. Posting info about the cadet program does not help him at all.

flyhardmo
29th Mar 2008, 05:05
well, u cant reli count on da percentages tho, tryin to calculate ur chance of gettin in

coz their "official answer" is u'll get thru if ur "gd enuf"

Maybe you would be good enough if you spelt the words properly and not take short cuts. Same goes with flying experience. Forget the short cuts, Get out to a third world country, learn how to really fly and make decisions. You will be good enough if you survive. The percentages will definately be in your favour.

xkred27
1st Apr 2008, 04:55
Remember that CX aircraft are much more difficult to fly than the rest of the world. The need the best of the best..........

otrendycar
1st Apr 2008, 12:59
what do you mean by more difficult to fly? whats different between Cathay's aircraft compared to Emirates's aircraft? The only thing different is they may require more safety procedure. They need some quality pilots but i doubt that they need the best of best (they may not chose Cathay ) cause we are not in flight combat school. :)

xkred27
1st Apr 2008, 15:47
I was being sarcastic..............duh

Matty4me
11th Apr 2008, 16:05
In of January of this year, we had 6 DEFO applicants. 5 of the 6 made it. Prior to us most of the 6 were making it. They tell you from the beginning, this is not a competition. YOU MEET THE BAR, YOU GET THE JOB.

otrendycar
11th Apr 2008, 16:47
point taken, its not competition there.
But for CPP selection, according to what i have seen, peoples there tend to pretend dont know everything and they are treating you as a COMPETITOR, particularly those local applicant some overseas applicant as well.

GANKER
12th Apr 2008, 08:21
And of those 6 DEFO 4 quit from the ridiculous training sytem or lack of it!
Be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it.
The emphasis is flying of course but the real clincher is convincing them you love hong kong and the like!
If you are DEFO on a base then convince them that you are happy doing the same job as a line based guy for 40% less pay and you will be in.
Still a hard thing to do either way.
Good Luck

BlueBogey
15th Apr 2008, 04:45
10 dickheads all failed and 10 geniuses with 5,000 on jets all made it so that's 0% and 100% ....easy:ugh: