PDA

View Full Version : On-Job-Training

ATCsg
22nd Mar 2008, 11:36
Hi can i check how's OJT being done in ATC around the world. Is there a special groups of people in charge of training, or just any controllers are readily make to take trainees?? thanks

Roffa
22nd Mar 2008, 12:06
In the UK on the job training is undertaken by controllers who have undertaken a short course and become qualified as on the job training instructors.

Minimum two years valid and management recommendation (ha) before able to qualify as an ojti I believe, it's some time since I went through the process.

niknak
27th Mar 2008, 01:05
PureJade makes a very valid point.

Outwith NATS, many units got dispensations for ATCOs to be appointed OJTIs on the basis of "Grandfather Rights".
This is all very well, but the majority of such ATCOs have not done refresher courses because their employers manage to evade their responsibilities and trainees are coming out of the colleges much more informed than the "OJTIs" themselves.

Perhaps the CAA should get off their collective arses and insist on anyone wanting to be an OJTI attending an approved course, Grandfather rights are of no use to anyone, least of all the trainee.:rolleyes::rolleyes: