PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong private flying

Numbers Up
21st Mar 2008, 00:32
Hey there,

In Hong Kong 1st week of April and have a spare day or two. Have googled flight schools Hong Kong and the club's web site hasnt been updated for a while. Anyone know if there are places to hire a lighty for a local flight with an Instructor?? A/C Type's?? Rates Etc....

Thanks....:)

knox
21st Mar 2008, 20:24
I was in HK last year for a few days and decided to try and get some flying in, I gave the flying club a call to see if I could get some dual scenic and maybe some circuits at Kai Tak. It is totally possible to do this but you can only fly fixed wing on Saturday and Sunday, the rest of the week is for rotary wing only. So if you are really keen to do some flying plan your trip accordingly..... unlike myself, i was there from Monday to Thursday.... bugger!

mixture
21st Mar 2008, 20:29
You're not looking in the right places .... :cool:

I found the answer in various places, but Wikipedia puts its most succinctly as follows :

The Hong Kong Aviation Club remains the only organization in Hong Kong which offers training on both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter to Private Pilot License Level, including all required ground school subjects. The Club is also the only organization in Hong Kong where such a license can be kept current.

Suggest you try http://www.hkaviationclub.com.hk/