PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Cargo B747 "Mayday - Fire"

i_remind_you
17th Mar 2008, 22:29
Hi everyone,

Today heading out of germany in an easterly direction I was greeted with a rather rapidly descending B744 from Spore SIA (Cargo) and thought nothing of it...

Later on, the radar controlled asked the pilot "confirm you have any dangerous goods onboard" and this is when I started to listen.

Seems there was a fire detected in the Aft-Main cargo compartment?
Last I heard they were LLZ established on 26L somewhere in Germany at 5000'

Can anybody shed some light on what happened and if the crew are all okay?

missingblade
18th Mar 2008, 02:50
98% of cargo fire warnings on freighters are false alarms. Chance are....

f777k
18th Mar 2008, 03:48
Hi everybody.

It is 9V-SFJ and they´ve safely landed in Munich approx 1900 UTC.
At this time Lufthansa Tech starts Troubleshooting.

744rules
18th Mar 2008, 07:37
any idea on the flightnumber/route ??

skiesfull
18th Mar 2008, 08:05
If " I remind you" heard correctly, then the crew would have had an EICAS warning "Fire Main Deck Aft". In this situation, the requirement is for an immediate landing at the nearest suitable airport. Sounds like the crew did just that.
Although the warning may well turn out to be false, it cannot be ignored in flight on that assumption.

Austrian Simon
18th Mar 2008, 10:55
According to ACARS it must have been flight SQ7344 enroute from Nairobi to Brussels (flight SIN-JNB-NBO-BRU). The flight touched down at Munich 18:23 local (1723Z).

Other sources say, SQ7344 should have been Nairobi-Amsterdam, but labelled inop (for all of March). Singapore Airlines Cargo does not show any destination Nairobi and shows no results for flight JNB-AMS or JNB-BRU.

The fire alert was false. Local newspaper report in German: http://www.merkur-online.de/regionen/freising/Flughafen-Notlandung-Singapur-Airlines;art8811,901565

Servus, Simon

eggi
18th Mar 2008, 14:57
Apparently they tried to leave in the afternoon, but had to return to stand due to continuing tech problems.

744rules
18th Mar 2008, 15:26
As far as I know BRU has no longer inbound JNB flights. The reason they go to AMS instead is that thet flowers on board ex NBO didn't make in on time at the AMS flower market