PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Manch App

maxdrypower
17th Mar 2008, 19:40
As above Big thanks to the chaps (There were no chapettes on the air at the time)at Manch App . I was bimbling around on a local jolly yesterday showing a friend and his daughter the delights of Beeston and Peckforton Castles when all of a sudden green face , holding of mouths and cries of "Daddy Im going to be ......"You know the rest .Poor girl was green . I just happened to mention to Manchester that I had a sick Pax and immediately they cleared me straight through the zone direct to Barton . They ensured we were okay and didnt require any further assistance and made Barton fully aware . They even asked if we needed medical assistance on arrival . Not expected nor requested but they bent over backwards to help . It was nothing daft just a bit of airsickness and once on the ground the smile came back . Thanks very much to the gentleman concerned made the latter poart of the trip so much easier.
Cheers
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FinDir
17th Mar 2008, 19:51
They are indeed a great bunch up there.

Thank your lucky stars you weren't flying round the Heathrow TMA. You'd of had messy carpets!!! :}

flowman
17th Mar 2008, 22:16
They don't ave carpets oop North. Prolly lino.

FinDir
17th Mar 2008, 22:23
They don't ave carpets oop North. Prolly lino.

:eek: slap

flowman
17th Mar 2008, 23:49
Well, I'm from Stoke, we used to look enviously at their lino!:}

cossack
18th Mar 2008, 00:54
Well, I'm from Stoke
I'm so sorry.;)

maxdrypower
18th Mar 2008, 09:41
Lino ! Lino ! LUXURY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

321now
18th Mar 2008, 10:34
I'm from Stoke, too.

I've got wood.

flowman
18th Mar 2008, 10:42
"I've got wood."

I'm not that exciting!:O

crispey
18th Mar 2008, 17:10
Some of us in Stoke use the Daily Mail.

maxdrypower
18th Mar 2008, 17:43
Ah yes , but if you're found out they'll exile you to Cheshire

flowman
18th Mar 2008, 21:18
The Daily Mail is an imported paper you poser, you should be using the Sentinal.

FinDir
18th Mar 2008, 22:21
So is the Metro! Some would say :)

crispey
18th Mar 2008, 23:43
Very true Flowman.I didn't want to get too parochial.Actually I do get it but give it to next door after I've checked it out.They use it in a kennel I believe.Some tear it into small sheets and hang it behind a certain door.

FinDir
18th Mar 2008, 23:59
This thread is rapdily going off on a major tangent!

flowman
19th Mar 2008, 00:07
All because somebody forgot to load a few extra motion discomfort bags!
Makes you sick doesn't it.

radicalrabit
19th Mar 2008, 00:16
Humour arrives in a taxi on almost all the threads in here, brilliant..btw Is lino or carpet compulsory then? We keep to shavings most of the time,

FinDir
19th Mar 2008, 00:30
I still think keeping the original timber would be the best choice!

crispey
19th Mar 2008, 08:39
Sorry if I contributed to the tangenital musings.Leaving the zone now.Which frequency please?

Ian Brooks
19th Mar 2008, 08:43
If you have been flamed it will be Manchester fire on 121.6

Ian

crispey
19th Mar 2008, 19:49
Sorry,I forgot,I'm a non radio aircraft.Shouldn't be here at all.

On the subject of the original post, I had a nasty at Manch a few years back.A line squall developed over IOM/WAL and whistled into the zone very quickly-not forecast-and the ATC unit were superb in helping about a dozen or so VFR flights that got caught up in it,including me.There was an NDB at Congleton then so you can tell how long ago it was.It wasn't much use either.

gone_fishing
19th Mar 2008, 20:47
Is it possible they cleared you straight through the CTR becuase they thought it was a bit more serious than just motion sickness? I'm not trying to say that they're help wasn't genuine, it clearly was, however - it seems a bit to me like they thought it was slightly more serious - asking to inform Barton and get medical assistance - is that the normal sort of question you get after informing of just a slightly motion sick passenger.

I am of course assuming you never declared a PAN. :E

maxdrypower
20th Mar 2008, 12:22
No NO pan declared , I dont think manch thought it was anything more than it was I think they were just being helpful . It is not like clearing someone from WHI to Barton is a major trauma your only entering the zone by a few miles if that .