PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead

radicalrabit
17th Mar 2008, 09:52
Options for longer range with more onboard, Have any of you got experience and / or good impressions of the Cherokee six, Aztec or Seneca II?
Having seen the total load disembarking from an Aztec at Barton last weekend I was amazed the thing could fly. I think £70k is the top end of what we want to pay. The Cherokee six seems a goos single engined option but are they reliable?
Anyway if anyone can offer up some info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks..

flightlevel1985
17th Mar 2008, 12:54
Did you get you Cherokee over to Barton then ?? I know there is a Cherokee Six at Barton, lives on the grass near the front of the Control Tower. They did have a share up for sale last year so they may be worth talking too. There are plenty of Arrows as well in the hangers if you just fancy a bit more power than a standard Cherokee.

FullyFlapped
17th Mar 2008, 13:36
Have you looked at a C210/T210 (Centurion) ?

Faster than the Seneca and Cherokee, and within a knat's chuff of being as fast as the Aztec (even though it's a single), 6 seats, fabulous load carrying ability and, I would hazard a guess, better short field performance than any of the above. Plus two doors, which always helps!

Excellent long range / big load tourer.

FF :ok:

flybymike
17th Mar 2008, 18:16
And while FF extols the virtues of his C210 ( which I would have thought was faster than the Aztec,) I put a word in for my C206 which will carry the kitchen sink and land on a smaller postage stamp than the 210!

FullyFlapped
18th Mar 2008, 11:39
Flybymike:-

And while FF extols the virtues of his C210 ( which I would have thought was faster than the Aztec,) I put a word in for my C206 which will carry the kitchen sink and land on a smaller postage stamp than the 210!

Book figures, like for like (i.e. both are turbo versions) ...

Fastest Aztec I could find :
Top Speed: 220 kts, Cruise Speed: 197 kts

Fastest 210 :
Top Speed: 224 kts, Cruise Speed: 207 kts

... so you'd be right.

And you're also right about that postage stamp ! :p