PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Vilnius

glazer
14th Mar 2008, 16:02
Has anyone experience of general aviation flight to Vilnius Lithuania? Any problems? Landing, parking charges etc etc?

IanSeager
15th Mar 2008, 08:47
I flew there last summer. I can't remember the cost (although I can look it up if you like), but I don't think it was either very cheap or very expensive. I went there with a large group of aeroplanes (25ish) and perhaps for this reason we were parked quite a way from the terminal. When you come to pay you will probably have to visit two places, the airport payment office and the briefing room where there was a small amount to pay for navigation charges, about £10 IIRC.

The real pain is getting back airside. I had to do it a couple of times, and on one occasion it took me over an hour. Don't be tempted to stay in the hotel opposite the terminal unless teh only other option is a park bench, and only then if the park bench is broken.

PM or email if you would like more info

Ian
PS I flew in VFR, but I was still given vectors to the ILS

glazer
15th Mar 2008, 09:54
Thanks Ian. That is helpful, especially the difficulty about getting airside.:ok:

Ptkay
22nd Mar 2008, 11:17
I have been there to the 11th AN-2 fly-in in 2007,
to Palauskas Air Park, grass runway, nice people, no fees.
It is just 30 km from Vilnus and 20 km from Trakai,
a very interesting place, an old castle.
There is a motel nearby.

We are now in Schengen group ( I mean Lithuania, not UK)
so once you are in Germany, Poland or elsewhere in Schengen,
you do not have to fly to a controlled airport with customs,
you can land anywhere.

Be aware at Paluknys (EYVP) is a air club airfield, the airpark
is just 500 m away, with a crossing runway.
Also there is the Lyhuanian Border Patrol station with short paved runway
and several helicopters.

Paluknys (EYVP)

AD ELEV: 404` VAR 5E (2000) APR: 54 28 59N 024 59 23E

PALUKNYS INFO: 125.000, 122.000

FIS : Vilnius Info: 123.850

ATIS: 125.800

avl
6th Apr 2011, 06:01
Hope it's okay to revive this thread...

I hope to visit Vilnius next week, and (EYVP) Paluknys seems nice. Does anyone have some information about this airport? I've found pictures and videos from it on the net, but no actual homepage.

I'm mainly interested to know if it's possible to fuel there, coming from the outside. Also, a VFR plate with any local traffic rules would be nice.