PDA

View Full Version : AAIB investigation into BA38 B777 crash at LHR

manrow
10th Mar 2008, 22:36
I presume the continuing lack of response from AAIB is due to their inability, so far, in determining a precise cause to this accident.

In which case why has the world 777 fleet been allowed to carry on flying?
I am not necessarily proposing this action, however I do seek information on why the AAIB have not been more radical.

The identical situation could be repeated tomorrow could it not? In less acceptable circumstances, so close to a landing site with potential consequent loss of life?

XX621
10th Mar 2008, 22:42
Heh, don't be so quick to criticise the AAIB. They'll get to the bottom of it, the fact they don't work to today's hysterical media timescales just indicates to me they're 100% on the detail and not the perception. If they had found something of concern they would have issued safety recommendations immediately (in fact they already have).

Chuck Y
10th Mar 2008, 22:42
Unfortunately it's all politics. We will never find out what happened & countless RR Trents fly around everyday. Welcome to aviation.:}

HarryMann
10th Mar 2008, 22:58
Unfortunately it's all politics. We will never find out what happened & countless RR Trents fly around everyday.

Heh... don't judge everyone else by your own standards.

Oh My Good Gawd
10th Mar 2008, 23:23
Then again, there is always the possibility of a Stall - fuel in the tanks or not!!!

exeng
10th Mar 2008, 23:51
Please put your tenner on the chances of the Pope converting to Buddism next June.

Moderators please stop it because it is starting to hurt.

Regards
Exeng

coz96
11th Mar 2008, 00:06
Ok, I'll take a stab at an answer.

It is probably because the airplane has been thoroughly tested, engineered, flight tested, and has a track record of a few successful flights that grounding an entire fleet of airplanes without knowing the cause could be a slight overreaction.

Sick Squid
11th Mar 2008, 00:14
Keep it in the one thread,

Thread closed.