PDA

View Full Version : Parachute jump pilot opportunities

Jay_solo
10th Mar 2008, 20:03
Hi,

Does anyone know any parachute jump companies that would take a 200 houred PPL pilot to get some right seat experience for a season? I'm looking to gain some time (preferably in a twin), but dont wanna do something like an eaglejet programme.

thanks

+TSRA
14th Mar 2008, 02:54
Hi there...There are quite a few operators within about an hour and a bit of London. Skydive Swoop in Dundas (where I did a season), Niagara and Dunnville, although Dunnville and Niagara are the only twin operators in the area.

BUT you will NEED a CPL...and with most Skydive work they try and limit as much "company weight" as they can, so they can fit more meat bombs in. All the twin stuff is done single pilot, and you would not be covered by insurance, so I doubt you would find anything...
impossible...well nothing is, but its VERY unlikely.
Also, you would not be able to log the time, because a PPL cannot be "co-pilot"...so in that respect you would be wasting your own time

Also, most Skydive ops require 500 total time due to insurance, but last year they (well, at least SWOOP) got it lowered because all the 500 hour guys were at the regionals.

However, like I said nothing is impossible, and all you need is to find one pilot who remembers what it was like at the 200 hour mark to give you a break.

Good luck.

er340790
20th Mar 2008, 21:45
Used to be an outfit down in Zephyr Hills, FL doing that from a twin..... that was 2002. The FBO may know more.