PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter share / Group flying

Ken Wells
10th Mar 2008, 19:39
I have been trying to get a Helicopter group together at White Waltham, R44 preferably, but need a min of ten pilots to make it work.

Now there are lots of fixed wing groups, (I still have a share in a PA28)about but I would like to know, are there any Helicopter flying groups around my area, Waltham, Wycombe, Denham, Blackbush etc?

Or just people who would like to share the cost on some trips to IOW etc.

You can PM me if you don't want to show on the thread.

Cheers

Whirlygig
10th Mar 2008, 20:11
Don't know why but there just doesn't seem to be many helicopter shares/groups around, fullstop!

I suspect that helicopter pilots fall into one of two camps; those who can afford to just go and buy their own machine and those who haven't got two ha'pennies to scratch their arse with and can only manage SFH.

One thing that put me off joining one group was that the maintenance cost sharing was not formally laid down; if something major was due or an expensive mishap occurred, it could be very costly indeed!

Cheers

Whirls

Ken Wells
10th Mar 2008, 20:21
Yeah but you could say that about Jet Provost shares, Cirrus Shares, Mailibu, Harvards, L39 etc etc the list is endless but they still group them.

A R44 Astro or Raven 1 should not be that diff than SFH probs anyway.

I've had shares in some expensive kit before. I have seen shares in Enstroms etc but not in my locale:confused:

Ken Wells
11th Mar 2008, 23:44
Thanks but we have 5 interested so far, just need another 5 and we can make it work.

We would be even :rolleyes:willing to look at other a/c rather than a R44 if people agree.

Ken

muffin
12th Mar 2008, 20:27
An Enstrom might be a better bet for a shared aircraft, as they don't depreciate by £20k per year like the R44 will. I looked at some nice Enstroms a couple of years ago as I was also looking to form a group, but I could not find any Enstrom rated pilots locally. There are far more Robbo rated potential sharers about, but they may not like the fact that their capital share value will depreciate that fast. Try an advert in Helitorque.