PDA

View Full Version : Best Flying Experiences?

Commanche 260
9th Mar 2008, 20:32
Hi everyone. If you would like, post some info or talk about your best/ most wonderful flying experiences. Just to remember the beauty of flight and how lucky we are to be part of it.

XX621
9th Mar 2008, 20:43
Once few some friends from London to Sandtoft in PA28 Archer II. Flew a Jet Provost (Eddie Todd's) then returned to Biggin at dusk flying over the thames estuary. Quite a day, have a look at the official video on YouTube if you have a minute or two....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIBH56ORSE

Ken Wells
9th Mar 2008, 21:06
I spent time in Russia in 1993 flying with Genna Elfimov. 30 hours aero's on Yak 52 in 4 weeks.
Just south of Smolensk took 7 hours by train from Moscow to get there. Picked up by Mil2 Helicopter and flew to training field. Living in old Baracks. Flying every day and siting around a camp fire at night looking at a totaly unpolluted sky , clear as a bell. Tracking US satelites and listening to Walter Kronkite on the radio.

Heaven. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg224/kenwells_photo/yak.gif

AC-DC
9th Mar 2008, 21:09
Flying with & without ICS all over Europe.

eharding
9th Mar 2008, 21:18
Heaven.

What about the interception by a Mig 29?.....or the immortal quote, in a Russian accent, in reply to your query about noise complaints from the locals?

"We are pilots.....they are peasants.

Excellent scope for some t-shirts printed with that one, I think.

Ken Wells
9th Mar 2008, 21:22
Very true.

The quote came from asking Genna if there were ever noise complanits from the village we used as a cross roads reference.

His reply;

"In Russia no noise complaints, you have to understand,

We are PILOTS they are PEASANTS"

UK NIMBYS note!

nanocas
10th Mar 2008, 10:42
Hi! just read the above post about a quote made by Genna..is it possible at all that the word "peasants" was a bad translation of the french word "payasants"meaning "farmers" or "country folk"? I have heard "peasant" being used wrongly like that, in english, more than once here in the flemish part of belgium ....
sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread though...:)

Ken Wells
10th Mar 2008, 12:23
Sense of humour failure or what?

nanocas
10th Mar 2008, 15:16
sorry.. getting my c(g)oat now...:ouch:

snapper41
11th Mar 2008, 08:25
Without doubt, flying a P-51 Mustang in Florida last year! Expensive (damned expensive!), but worth every single penny. 14 months on, and I'm still grinning. If you ever get the chance, do it; the guys at Stallion 51 are fantastic!