PDA

View Full Version : So long, and thanks

L1A2 discharged
8th Mar 2008, 21:51
Recently finished clearing and handed in the ID card, uniform bits etc etc. Feels a bit strange after some 30 odd years.

Thanks to those remaining, keep the country safe for me while I strive to raise my lottery ticket funds.

Good luck to those away or preparing to go, god speed a healthy return to one and all.

Finest regards,
L1 (retd)

Brian Dixon
8th Mar 2008, 21:56
Well good luck for the future!

Hope it's all you wish for.

Brian :ok:

C130 Techie
8th Mar 2008, 21:59
Best wishes for the future L1A2. Hopefully you will have a long and happy retirement. I've got 7 years left to 37 but I am sure they will fly by.

Al R
8th Mar 2008, 22:05
L1,

Congratulations, and all the best for the future. :ok:

Al.

Dan D'air
9th Mar 2008, 00:29
30 years, Blimey. You could have killed Gordo Brown twice and still been out!!

What an amazing amount of time to give to your Queen and country.

My very best wishes for the future. Godspeed.

6nandneutral
9th Mar 2008, 00:35
Congratulations, I was going to say get some in but I suppose that's a bit late now. I'm back off to the beach with no tide again, pension handcuffs, my choice but I wish you well.:)

PPRuNe Pop
9th Mar 2008, 08:02
From all at PPRuNe please accept our very best wishes for the future.

Come back now and again to let us know how you are fairing. :ok::ok:

PPP

kokpit
9th Mar 2008, 08:48
Let me too. pass on my best wishes for the future, albeit as just a smallie (25) ;)

The grass truly can be greener this side, but don't forget (as I'm sure you won't) where them roots lie! :ok:

Regards,

glad rag
9th Mar 2008, 09:09
The very best wishes to yourself and family, good health and good luck!!

Glad rag. :ok:

Shack37
9th Mar 2008, 16:33
All the very best for the future, your past is already a source of pride. May everything go better than you hope for.
s37

minigundiplomat
9th Mar 2008, 17:16
Good luck mate.

Have a feeling this will be a well trodden path in the next few years. Still, at least there is no problems within the service, and all is well......

And your back in the room!

Dan D'air
9th Mar 2008, 17:22
minigundiplomat,

Seconded. As events this week have shown, the current crop of service folk are second to none. It's just a crying shame that the government is not supporting them.

Robert Cooper
9th Mar 2008, 18:34
Best wishes L1A2. Came over here 22 years ago after completing my 30, and still working my *ss off :eek:

Good luck and god bless. Hope everything works out for you. :ok:

Bob C

sikeano
10th Mar 2008, 09:35
Best of Luck L1

Enjoy the Retierement:ok:

noregrets
10th Mar 2008, 09:38
Come on in L1A2, the water's lovely :)

And to everyone else: plenty of jobs out here, and they're crying out for the bread and butter skills that you take for granted. You're a lot more employable than you think!

Dave Angel
10th Mar 2008, 12:30
L1A2,

All the best mate.:ok:

I hope all those jobs around the house that you haven't been able to do over the years don't get in the way of some well earned relaxation.

Regards,

DA.

mr fish
10th Mar 2008, 20:25
'monk' ,'murder she wrote','diagnosis murder','loose women', welcome to civvy telly, to quote homer j ," hour after hour of quality programmes, why won't they let me live" :E