PDA

View Full Version : G-info Site

'Chuffer' Dandridge
8th Mar 2008, 08:58
Has anyone else noticed that the CAA's G-INFO site now only has details of whether the aircraft is either 'Owned' or 'Chartered' i.e no full address details?

Maybe somebody has challenged the need to publish full personal details and got somewhere.. Could never understand why the CAA could publish this in the public domain, yet you can't search the DVLA vehicle database (which would be much more use:E)

Data protection Act maybe?:D

Lucy Lastic
8th Mar 2008, 09:11
This has happened before, and addresses did come back.

I note that it is no longer possible to search on the 'owner' as well. That won't last

ChampChump
8th Mar 2008, 10:56
I see that my aeroplane has acquired an additional 57 hours to those stated on the Permit renewal. So how did that happen?

Interesting ...

Papa Charlie
8th Mar 2008, 14:59
Maybe it was after Chris Evans got his PPL(H) and it was reported that he had got himself a helicopter G-ZOOT. Oh, now we all know where he lives.....! :confused:

matspart3
15th Mar 2008, 22:08
Spoke to them a few days ago, it was an IT problem.

ericferret
16th Mar 2008, 11:44
Interesting this, the CAA is happy to distribute the list of aircraft owners to any tom dick harry insurance broker or magazine sales team. Yet when the association of licensed aircxraft engineers asked for information on licensed engineers it was refused on the grounds of confidentiality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XL319
16th Mar 2008, 19:03
It is a glich in the internet system, the details do come back. Failing that give the CAA a ring as all details are open for the public to view

smarthawke
16th Mar 2008, 19:24
All happened in the lead up to a bit of a revamp - you can now check your Flight Manual (POH etc) revision status and print off CAA issued Change Sheets from the G-INFO page - see the DFMS part of the page.

Also with the CAA 'Touch It Once' program, we engineers can now apply 'on-line' for CofA renewals direct to the CAA Applications & Approvals Dept instead of gouing through Regional Offices.