PDA

View Full Version : East take-off from Stanstead

albert1000bienen
5th Mar 2008, 18:16
Which pilot could give me some insight at Stansted Airport, taking of to the east. What is causing problems that plane do not reach required hight of 6000ft before Luton airport airspace is reached? Also to what altitude do you generally go before climbing to cruising altitude? Trying to understand NATS proposals and explaination. thx ULI

Buster the Bear
5th Mar 2008, 18:42
Although i do not profess to be an expert, NATS is attempting to deconflict the areas around Barkway (BKY) and Brookmans Park (BPK). Around these two VORs, the airspace is very complex and over the past years NATS has sought to find methods to ensure arrivals and departures from London City, Stansted and Luton are not in direct confliction.

The Essex sector not only deals with Luton and Stansted arrivals, but also has to see those through the Stansted departures that head west and north west through BKY. The Stansted departures on these routes have to 'jump' Luton arrivals that fly east to west descending to 5000' north of BKY.

Al in all, the airspace is complicated and looking at the consultation document, the new routes will alleviate the current methods of operation.

The new routes are also being designed to offer better departure rates of climb and continuous descent approaches, thus reducing the noise impact below.

As with everything, change not only brings benefits, but some folk will be disadvantaged with new routes or stacks over or close to their homes.

Here in Whipsnade, no real change for me as I live right underneath an 8 mile for 08!

albert1000bienen
5th Mar 2008, 18:58
Thanks for the info, still find it difficult to understand why an aircraft having departed stansted will only be at 2000ft having flown 10miles.

Buster the Bear
6th Mar 2008, 20:28
No way will it be held that low for 10 miles.

BigBoeing
6th Mar 2008, 20:55
Not looked at the new stuff too closely but I would suggest you re-read it. No departure from Stansted off either runway stops at 2000ft. Westerly departures climb to 3 or 4 thousand feet and then for traffic routing through BKY shortly after to 7000ft once clear of Luton traffic. Easterly all climb to at least 4. Hope that helps

bad bear
6th Mar 2008, 22:37
Buster, have you looked at section "F" ? at a quick glance the Luton and Northolt departures will be low level for much longer than now. I can see some bad headlines and objections coming.
b b