PDA

View Full Version : Airservices at it again

African Queen
5th Mar 2008, 17:18
Looks like asa have lost the plot agin (if they ever had it).
A friend of a friend of a friend just got an email from them asking all 800+ applicants who have registered applications for ATC positions in the past to reapply 'due to an IT glitch"? :rolleyes:
Smacks of desperation to me tho there timing couldn't have been any worse given the recent and rumored wage increases in the gulf. I don't think there will be too many applicants.

Muldrake
5th Mar 2008, 19:23
Yup, got one too.

Only it says that they cannot accept overseas applications ?!? So why even bother sending it out...

adam_753
5th Mar 2008, 21:59
I have an interview coming up with airservices shortly but with all the negative comments it makes me wonder!:*

eventuallyitstrue
5th Mar 2008, 22:41
Desperation would be an understatement, computer glitch my ar$e, incompetence yes. There has been no talk of anymore global recruiting on the rumour mills, but then again the staff would be last to know,why would you communicate with staff, to tell them we are trying to do something positive for you.

To anyone who is considering coming, the staff would love to have you, our management appear to have the same competence levels of other service providers (if you read other threads).

Below is a link to an Australian government website which has our EBA on it, pay scales at the back. Something to consider the EBA expires late 2008 may be worth coming post that, if you don't want to walk into a pile of crap.
http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Search/View.ASP?docid=276791&query=(AIRSERVICES%20AUSTRALIA)&quickview=Y

Morale is at an all time low, that is why so many are leaving or have left. Atleast, you would come in with a fresh start as you wouldn't have been through what the rest of us have, so it may not appear as bad as we all say it is.

If you do decide to come, remember they are desperate, don't come for anything less that level 13 on the pay scale, get them to pay for your move and don't sign any bonds.

Robot1
6th Mar 2008, 00:49
I got the same email, asking me to reapply. What a cheek, it took me a good 2 hours to formulate my first application, which was rejected as a late entry, even though I got a confirmation a week before the close date.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'll stick with the Irish Aviation Authority. As Kylie herself says 'better the devil you know'.

SM4 Pirate
6th Mar 2008, 01:23
It would appear that ASA don't want any non-native ATCs in the near future (before 2009); I suspect that the government (the owner) has said exhaust all efforts with Australians first; no more 457 VISAs for you.

Perhaps (AUS) ex-pats that tried to come home in the last campaign had an effect when they wrote to various MPs, including opposition ones at the time, about being rejected by the previous recruitment campaign despite them having all the necessary qualifications (and a work history for ASA, hence the rejection; too many people with long tainted memories in management).

From my knowledge the application process has been a "balls-up" for a long time (can you say lack of resources); moving that section to Canberra has exacerbated previous flaws, including the losing of files, both hard copies and electronic versions.

My advice to candidates is get applications back in if you want an ATC job; because with the best part of 200 planned abinitio recruits entering in the next 2 years; you'll never get a better chance (it's about odds).

Whatever you do, don't think course selection is an instant ticket to a good job; cause even if you get through, you may find the job isn't that good and still 50% (or so) coursed will fail to get a licence.

Good luck.

6th Mar 2008, 06:35
You will note that there are now four vacancies on our website that relate to Previously Trained and Rated ATC's. This has been designed to enable us to streamline our processes and progress applications more effectively and efficiently.
Unfortunately we will not be running a Global Recruitment campaign this year, so we will not be progressing applications from overseas applicants. This will be reviewed again in 2009.
We look forward to progressing your applications for the August 08 courses. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or concerns,

I guess this is the mail they sent to all overseas folks. And then another mail since the link in the first mail is supposedly the wrong one....

Yahweh
6th Mar 2008, 11:51
Yep, got that e-mail. It seems your management is worse than ours. What's the point in reapplying if you are not even considered because your from overseas :ugh: Sent them an e-mail back telling them as much.

ferris
6th Mar 2008, 15:39
Dear Airservices,

Thank you for your application for Air Traffic Controller applications for positions with Airservices.

I appreciate that you have invested considerable time and effort in your application.

Unfortunately you have not been successful in advancing to the next stage in the selection process as other air navigation service providers have been deemed more suitable. As such, I will not be considering your application further in the 2008 intake of experienced air navigation service providers.

I will however keep your application on file and will contact you if any future positions (which are contantly available) may suit me.

Regards

Ferris
(Previously not good enough, you remember, as other people {who had never worked enroute, were not Australians, had never been to Australia, never used TAAATs, and had less experience} were considered more suitable and offered 457 visas in contradiction of the law regarding those visas).

SINGAPURCANAC
6th Mar 2008, 17:47
Friend of mine( FOM): have you seen ASA vacancy?
Me: Yes! But Why?
FOM: Should we apply?
Me: Why?
FOM: They need ATCOs and ASA is the best ATC provider in the world and Australia is good country,safety,security,stability,social care( i.e.4 S)
Me: Have you read pprune regarding this issue?
FOM: Yes! excellent salary, direct entries, visa and so on.
Me: What is the reason they are recruiting oversea ATCOs?
FOM: They don't have enough their ATCOs
Me: Why?
FOM: Because their own ATCOs working all over the world
Me: Why their own ATCOS working all over the world?
FOM: Because everyone wants them
Me: Only this?
FOM: maybe adventure type of people?!
Me: OK! Do you really believe that bunch of them have adventure profile?
FOM: not only those issues but SALARY,WORKING CONDITIONS,LIFESTYLE,POSSIBILITY TO WORK SOMEWHERE IN BUSH,ETC
Me: Aha!
FOM: What does it mean?
Me: Nothing!

The conversation took place at the end of 2006. At that time I believed that only mine HRD was awfully. Today I know that there is no HRD in the world with better recommendation.:ugh:

SINGAPURCANAC
7th Mar 2008, 15:14
Definition of second:
the second as that period of time which makes the frequency of a certain radiation emitted by atoms of cesium-133 equal to 9 192 631 770 hertz (http://www.unc.edu/%7Erowlett/units/dictH.html#hertz) (cycles per second).

OR

16:41:23 LT, Me: Australia is looking for ATCOs.
16:41:24 LT, She: Too far away!

-CURTAIN-
:D:D:D:D

SM4 Pirate
7th Mar 2008, 20:53
Can I get some of what you're on Singa? Because after all this time I'm thinking wherever you are it isn't planet earth.:}

Iamsureyouwillagree
8th Mar 2008, 07:59
Ydhtbctwh.

Bih.

somniferous
9th Mar 2008, 10:16
Any chance that they will improve the offer from the global search?

max1
10th Mar 2008, 09:42
One of the globals who has now checked out and is employed by ASA also got this email.
Oxygen thieves of the world unite. Priceless.

ER_BN
10th Mar 2008, 10:09
Gee guys and girls, I don't know why you expect so much from AsA these days....

First they arranged interview in Zurich, Germany.

So surely you don't expect them to have the skill in matching data profiles do you...i.e. One database=those globals that applied vs Second Database=controllers rated and employed by AsA. They probably laughed about the coincidence, same name and all that!!

Maybe they think he got rated in Austria??? Airservices Austria??? Give them a break even Dubya gets it mixed up when he's out here for APEC!

Come to think of it AsA ....USA President hmmmmm

Seriously though I think the content contact letter defines exactly where its at the moment....Absolutely priceless as the latest AsA SNAFU!:ugh:

Oh and Ferris....wonderful stuff! Your talents are wasted outside AsA.

wadi racer
10th Mar 2008, 11:09
Hey eventually

Where does Level 13 put you on the scale within ASA, and what does that equate to ?

Thanks in advance
Wadi

niknak
10th Mar 2008, 15:17
If everyone withdrew their applications and no one applied for 6 months to 12 months, ASA would have no choice in joining the real world, or is that too simple?:confused:

eventuallyitstrue
10th Mar 2008, 22:23
Wadi,
level 13 is the top level for most, Sydney has two extra levels because they are a special case (don't ask why).

At the moment it equates to AUD 134897.

E.

wadi racer
11th Mar 2008, 03:19
E

Thanks for that.............:ok: