PDA

View Full Version : C150 Owners Manual

FlyEJF
4th Mar 2008, 20:23
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a second hand owners manual for the C150M Commuter aircraft 1976? I have sourced a place in the US who are charging $33 for the manual and $51 for shipping. I think that is a bit steep. Is there anywhere in the UK?

Ed

dontpressthat
4th Mar 2008, 20:44
That got me thinking... thought I had had a similar book tucked away in the cupboard. Just had a rummage and it turned out it was an AFE pilots guide to the C152.

Also have the same for PA28 cherokee. either/both free to a good home if anybody has a use, just PM details and I'll bung em in the post.

Sorry to hijack yr thread FlyEJF;)

DPT

BackPacker
4th Mar 2008, 21:28
The AFE Pilots Guide to the 152 is good. I have one at home, thinking I'd be flying the 152 in Florida.

As it turned out, I flew the PA-28 Warrior in Florida, which I also bought the AFE Pilots Guide for, later on. This book is crap, due to the bad final review. It is obviously derived from the 152 Pilots Guide, but a lot of references to the 152 simply slipped by the editor. I mean, if they cannot properly change "Expanded Cessna 152 Pre-flight Checklist" into "Expanded PA-28 Pre-flight Checklist" in the page headers, what else did they miss?

The warning on one of the first pages is very apt and should be taken seriously: This AFE Pilot Guide is not an authoritive document and should not be taken as such.

Oh, and the first edition was 1992, and I have the second edition 2005. No excuses there.

Fright Level
5th Mar 2008, 09:35
if they cannot properly change "Expanded Cessna 152 Pre-flight Checklist" into "Expanded PA-28 Pre-flight Checklist" in the page headers, what else did they miss?

Exactly my point when I emailed them a couple of years ago about some gross errors in the C172 book under take off and landing performance. Even the heading was wrong but I got a condescending reply saying that anyone would realise the typo in the heading and that the other figures were gleaned from GASIL documents. Hardly the type specific stuff that I was hoping for when I bought it.

EchoMike
5th Mar 2008, 21:44
You should be able to find the correct POH on eBay (US) for under $20.

International Priority Mail from the US to the UK is $11.00.

Who is the bargain operation quoting you $33 + $51?

Best Regards,

Echo Mike (150 driver)

FlyEJF
6th Mar 2008, 12:47
Cheers EchoMike,

I have just found it on ebay and bought a copy for $7.

Ed