PDA

View Full Version : Keeping PPL Current Hours

ATIS31
3rd Mar 2008, 17:00
Hi can anyone tell me how many hours you need to do to keep your PPL Licence is it 12 ? Does the hours have to be Solo or can hours with a Intructor count as well ?

Thanks

modelman
3rd Mar 2008, 17:28
Nothing in the first 12 months of issue,12 hours min in year 2 of which 6 must be P1.1 hour with instructor as part of the 12 and your licence signed within 3 months of the expiry of your rating (SEP for instance) by an examiner.Licence itself lasts for 5 years,it's your ratings that expire.

Think that's got it

MM

TheOddOne
3rd Mar 2008, 18:11
Modelman,

I think you're absolutely right, but I think one part of what you say could be mis-interpreted. It is better to say that you need to get your licence signed any time up to 3 months prior to the expiry of your rating.

Cheers,

The OddOne

ATIS31
3rd Mar 2008, 18:13
Great Thanks for the info Guys:ok:

TheGorrilla
3rd Mar 2008, 18:14
Bribary works even better.

modelman
3rd Mar 2008, 19:12
Thought you you get it signed anytime between 3 months before it expired right up to the day before expiration.Looks like I have learnt something as well:)

MM

modelman
3rd Mar 2008, 19:34
Pedants corner:
Just checked with LASORS section F.'Must be signed within the 3 months prior to the rating expiry' not 'any time up to 3 months prior to the expiry of your rating' which could be read as between 12 month and 3 months and no later so I stick with what I originally said:)

MM

Mariner9
3rd Mar 2008, 19:57
Pedants corner2:
Technically, you dont need any hours at all. You can revalidate solely by proficiency test if you're so inclined. Would be difficult to pass if you hadn't flown much within the last year though!

TheOddOne
3rd Mar 2008, 22:17
Pedants corner:

MM,

Much better, upon re-reading, my version wasn't much improvement upon the original, apart from introducing the word 'prior'.

TOO

twistedenginestarter
4th Mar 2008, 07:15
Would be difficult to pass if you hadn't flown much within the last year though!

I keep mine current purely via a biennial check. It only takes you a circuit or two to get back the feel of the plane.