PDA

View Full Version : Warrington - Nearest Strip?

Pudnucker
3rd Mar 2008, 10:59
Hi guys,

Have a business meeting in Warrington Cheshire to go to. Want to fly as it's a 10 hour round trip in the car. Apart from the obvious aerodromes, there appears to be very few smaller strips. I have a PA28 Archer so nothing too short/bumpy but grass is fine. Any ideas? I did see Stretton (which looks good on Google Earth) but can't find any info on it on line (probably a housing estate by now...:ugh:)

Any thoughts?

3rd Mar 2008, 11:20
Stretton isn't in use anymore. There is Ashcroft (Bryan's Landings) which is near Winsford or Barton, these are the two closet. Barton will cost about £20 to land at.

crap pilot
3rd Mar 2008, 13:04
Stretton can still be used with the landowners permission although you dont land on the old runway, its a 400m length of taxi way running along side the old runway. I landed there sometime last year but my passenger knew the land owner. Cant be much more helpfull than that im afraid.
There is also a strip next to the M6 motorway that is only a couple of miles away from Warrington. It looks to be 700m+ but dont know anything more about it.

magpienja
3rd Mar 2008, 20:17
There is also a grass strip about 0.5mile north of J21 M6, the A57 junction along side the motorway, runway looks quite long sorry no info.

N53 24 24
W002 30 45

From google.

Nick.

Kanu
4th Mar 2008, 09:07
Is there still a strip at Lymm? if so, thats not too far away from warrington

Pudnucker
4th Mar 2008, 23:24
Thanks guys - anyone know how to contact the owners?

Mariner9
5th Mar 2008, 08:22
anyone know how to contact the owners?

Look it up in the AFE flight guide ;)

On reflection, probably best not to publish it on here, so check PM's :ok: