PDA

View Full Version : B727 maintenance

mirabeau
3rd Mar 2008, 05:55
Where would you send a middle east based private B727 for maintenance ? any recommendations good or bad from your experience.

Vortechs Jenerator
3rd Mar 2008, 11:03
ATC at Lasham are the only ones I can think of in the uK that would still this.

Dysart
3rd Mar 2008, 11:36
aaae in shannon ireland used do727s

Flightmech
3rd Mar 2008, 12:38
Jet Aviation Basel? ATC Lasham/Southend?

mary_hinge
3rd Mar 2008, 15:38
ATC Lasham handle a lot of the VIP 727s (as well as BBJs). PM me if you need contact details

POKEYPILOT
3rd Mar 2008, 15:58
Bahrain!! Dosen't someone do 727's there? Might be DHL. Not sure if they do any third party work.

mirabeau
4th Mar 2008, 02:59
Many thanks for the replies.
I was hoping to get your comments on the quality of work at these places. We have been going to ATC lasham for many years and have had excellent service from them. Unfortunately my boss is searching for somewhere that maybe cheaper. My theory is that you get what you pay for ! So I am trying to arm myself with the lowdown on anywhere else and maybe talk him out of sending his aircraft to somewhere he might regret.

Cable Tie
4th Mar 2008, 07:35
You can maybe try SAFAIR in South Africa. They are good and I know they also do VIP conversions. They are FAA, JAA / EASA and RSA CAA complient. They do all checks upto and including D checks. You might consider the exchange rate, The uk pound or us doller is very strong against the SA rand. Try also going ont their website : www.safair.co.za (http://www.safair.co.za)

Vortechs Jenerator
4th Mar 2008, 09:53
My theory is that you get what you pay for !Almost entirely and unavoidably & universally true.

The phrase containing monkey's, pay and peanuts springs to mind, his fuel burn down to Africa could wipe out any savings depending on where it's based.(edit, dhu Middle east!)

mafibacon
4th Mar 2008, 10:40
Try JorAmCo in Amman, Jordan.
They do limited VIP scheduled Maintenance and still do heavy Base maintenance on the 727.
I have used them in the past Ffor 727 C cks and VIP interior maintenance. However if you do go there send a team to watch them.
They are FAA/EASA approved
MB

POKEYPILOT
4th Mar 2008, 16:49
I was having a look around (on ATI) for you and came up with two places :-

1. Iran Aseman Airlines (EASA and GCAA approved)
2. Kuwait Aviation Services (KASCO). aGAIN easa and GCAA approved)

Hope this helps!!!

oligoe
5th Mar 2008, 19:18
You can also try EAS in Perpignan, France.

POKEYPILOT
7th Mar 2008, 13:07
I thought EAS went bust? Something to do with Aeronavali I think.

jumpseat1
9th Mar 2008, 14:18
Lasham in the UK.
BF Goodrich (ex TRAMCO) @ KPAE in the USA

aintsaying
9th Mar 2008, 17:08
Well if you are looking for a cheaper place to get 727 maintenance done, then look at Kelowna Flightcraft in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
These guys will do c-checks, winglets, super 727 mods etc. You want new wing spar caps? can do them too. Cargo door installs, dougan air hush kit installs, flap droops, etc. They have Boeing approval for all sorts of things.
They did Donald Trumps machine a few years back, along with a list of others.
www.flightcraft.ca

Worth a look id f you are serious.

Aintsaying.