PDA

View Full Version : GPS aviation maps for Nokia E90

jxc
1st Mar 2008, 18:54
Having recently just bought the Nokia E90 communicator it has a built in GPS unit and i have downloaded road map navigation.
My question does anyone if I can and where one can download maps for flying with ?

Cheers

BRL
1st Mar 2008, 19:26
I have the Garmin Mobile thing on my N95. Don't know if they do aviation maps.

There used to be a free one, can't remember for the life of me what it is called, I am sure a grown up will be here soon to tell us! :)

Slopey
1st Mar 2008, 21:40
Do you mean PocketFMS? If so, it's no longer free, and it also is Windows Mobile only - never seen a Symbian based one available.

2nd Mar 2008, 19:04
Jxc,

I recently bought an iPaq PDA specifically for use as a GPS and bought a copy of Memory Map's CAA 1:500,000 VFR Chart, which was £20.

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/maps_uk_intheair.htm

So this gives you your CAA chart on your PDA/GPS. I have no idea whether this software would work on your Nokia E90? But it's definitely worth looking into.

Cheers.

dublinpilot
2nd Mar 2008, 21:51
I think the Nokia operates on the Symbian operating system. Neither PocketFMS nor Memory Map work on that system as far as I know.

Not sure that you'll find much (or anything) for it.

dp

Oldpilot55
2nd Mar 2008, 22:33
Well there is an improvement ..I paid about 200 GBP about 4 years ago for three 1:500000 charts plus the 1:250000 which I didn't really need, plus OS 1:50000 mapping which I had to get to allow printing and other useful functions. Still you can get all of the US charts on a CD for about $20 or so. They have a logic that you have paid the tax you get some benefit whereas we expect to pay tax on our tax etc (whinge over)