PDA

View Full Version : AEForum

John in YVR
5th Jul 2001, 19:42
As readers of Jim Wood's AEforum will know by now that site is scheduled to close at the end of July. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Were you a visitor to the site and if so what do you think of it shutting down?

lubicon
5th Jul 2001, 20:23
A frequent 'lurker' on his forum and enjoyed it very much. As a non aviator who has a great interest in the industry I found it (as well as PPRUNE) very enlightening. Hopefully the former AEFers will find a new home on the Canadian section of PPRUNE.

middle seat
5th Jul 2001, 22:41
Sad - very sad, but I understand why Jim did it - it was no longer fun.

Why should he have to devote time and money to provide a public forum for people to be so negative. . .

Am going to miss the site

27driver
5th Jul 2001, 23:32
Very true Middleseat.... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Dockjock
6th Jul 2001, 04:33
Another admitted lurker on AEForum, but usually too low down in the food chain to contribute.

Agree that there seemed to be an inordinate amount of AC v. CAI bad blood, too bad. I second the motion that everyone should move over to Pprune!

The Real Buff
6th Jul 2001, 06:41
First, don't be confused by charlatans. New forum...new user name. Buffalo Bill Cody was a distinct character in both American and British turn-of-the-century (20th) history. My blessed parents gave me this name, so I'm capitalizing on it. OK? OK!

Jim Woods, an Air Canada pilot hosted, moderated, supervised the Airline Employee Forum in Canada, open world-wide to all manner of comments. For personal reasons, he is no longer able to continue the forum after July 31/01. I will miss my daily fix (although I was NEVER really addicted to it) of AEF. As will many others in the Canadian aviation industry. But time marches on. Peoples' priorities change, as has Capt. Woods'. So be it.

Thanks for the memories Jim. You ran a good race. I for one feel our industry is a better place for having experienced your forum, albeit a more bitter industry within the New Air Canada.

Best of luck sorting out your problems. Keep your eyes on the ball....

------------------
Best Regards,

Buff

tailtankhvy
9th Jul 2001, 18:11
I registered with AEF but was not able to log on through my AOL connection at home. AEF advised me they had too many problems with AOL users. I didn't want to change my internet service provider just for their access as I could access the site from work, but I though that was a poor excuse, restricting access in that fashion when there are other good sites like this one that have easy access.