PDA

View Full Version : Taildraggin' In Dorset

Pudnucker
26th Feb 2008, 12:52
Team,

I've just notched up my 200th hour in my trusty Archer and want to expand my horizons a bit. I want to do my taildragger rating but am finding it a bit difficult to get the right a/c to learn in:ugh:. The instructor I know who can teach me is an approved CAA examiner and well known (credentials can be given later).

I'm looking to rent a sensible machine to learn on, based in Dorset or close by. 90HP +, cub, citabria or similar would be great.

Can anyone help me? (PM if you can) :)

Cheers - James

RudeNot2
26th Feb 2008, 16:13
James

Have a look at the other Forum (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=41128) an interesting day tail-dragging. If my geography is up to scratch they would be north-west of you.

Maybe worth getting in touch anyway.. Something that I have on my wish list as well.

Dave

Pudnucker
27th Feb 2008, 14:39
Thanks for that!

englishal
27th Feb 2008, 15:06
The instructor I know who can teach me is an approved CAA examiner and well known
Doesn't fly a Tiger Moth as well does he?

pulse1
27th Feb 2008, 17:07
Got a share in a Condor going at Compton Abbas. It might even be the same instructor who would check you out. It's the Condor which featured in the Feb Pilot. pm me if your interested.

betterfromabove
28th Feb 2008, 18:32
Old Sarum, which isn't far, have a tailwheel C152 (pretty unusual...)

I also heard about the Tiger at Compton....is that run through Abbas Air or is it private?

Would be rather interested in that myself...

BFA

Yankee
28th Feb 2008, 22:15
There's a taildragger C150 at EGHH for hire, PM me for details, owner not on the internet.

Pudnucker
29th Feb 2008, 17:36
Thanks guys. Yep I think we're talking about the same guy here. Know the Condor (and Peter) so will have a chat up at Compton Abbas.

I may have a shout on a super cub which may work out well.

Yankee - will PM you

Cheers!:ok: