PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada

tail dragger
8th Mar 2001, 02:57
could any pro out there give me the low down on the working conditions at AC? I'm in the holding pool at the moment and trying to decide if leaving a major charter airline in the UK is the right move or not. Great country is Canada, I miss the way of life but is it worth the return????
Cheers

m&v
8th Mar 2001, 22:14
They're going through some transitionary pains at the moment(due to the Airlines(Canadien),and pilot 'merge'and a downturn of the economy),consequently the 'new'pilot hiring has been deferred at the moment,until Sept'..
Once in, its the best paying job in Canada!!

tail dragger
9th Mar 2001, 15:06
Thanks M&V, I've been told about the transition period and the economy.I'm curious about the time frame of Sept? Have you heard this from reliable sources? Could you give me an indication of the overall working conditions. Leave, numbers of hrs in a mo, days off etc. Anything would help as I must make a huge choice in the future. Britain or Canada!!
Cheers eh!

m&v
10th Mar 2001, 03:59
Put up your Email and I'll send you an outline Cheers

tail dragger
11th Mar 2001, 14:54
Thanks M&V, I,ve opened up my e-mail so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers eh!

Jopa
14th Mar 2001, 00:48
tail dragger,

I'm waiting for a call from AC as well. Would you care the to share the info that
m&v may send you on AC?

Thanks much,

cpdude
16th Mar 2001, 09:06
Me Too!
Actually, there are probably many of us in the pool that could use this kind of information so please post it!

Thanks.

tail dragger
16th Mar 2001, 14:22
Check your e-mail and I hope it helps you as it did me.
Cheers Eh!