PDA

View Full Version : ATPL

rambler
20th Jun 2001, 17:25
could someone shed some light as to the atp exam requirements etc..Ive an aussie frozen ATP and would like to do some more study whilst not required to do much work..call me crazy I know..thanks..

AIRLIFT
20th Jun 2001, 17:54
Check out the web site of the Minister of transport:

www.tc.gc.ca (http://www.tc.gc.ca)

And the folowing link is the reiqiements for foriegn applicants to a Canadian licence:

Foreiegn Applicants (http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/web/policies/general/personnel%20licensing/fore.htm)

[This message has been edited by AIRLIFT (edited 20 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AIRLIFT (edited 20 June 2001).]

JimLyn
21st Jun 2001, 06:21
I was pointed to AeroCourses - starting a course on Friday - and it looks like the one to do.

I had a couple of refresher multi hours with an instructor who did the course and says it's number one... he wrote the exam this week and passed.

AeroCourses provide you with two of their books on the ATPL (questions and workbook), and require you to bring about another $150 in books to the course, including the Canada AIP.

I have been working through their texts and making good progress. It is slow going but that's to be expected, given that Canada has some unique stuff going on - mountains in the west, vast uninhabited deep freeze, unreliable compass area and Missile Early Warning Zone to the north, among other things.

I also discovered that although I started my licence in Canada (Comm ME IR) because I have not had an IR in the last two years I have to re-write the IR exam. So it's not as simple as just the ATPL.

Canada's ATPL is basically a full Comm ME IR with experience requirements and the exam.

BTW, you can order the AeroCourse materials -I have seen them available on the shelf in aero bookshops and direct from AeroCourse.com.

a319320
26th Jun 2001, 03:52
rambler,
The ATP involves three papers,the SARON,
SAMRA and the INRAT.
The Aero course study books are good but you will need to do a lot of study on Met from
elsewhere,two out of three papers concentrate
on decoding of TAFs and prog charts and stuff
and the Aerocourse do not cover enough.

Another important requirement is that you will HAVE to have a Canadian medical cerificate to do these exams,even if you have done the medical but have not got your cert yet they will not permit you to write the exams.
The cost for all three is Can$245/=
Hope this was of some help.