PDA

View Full Version : ATCO help

LH22
24th Feb 2008, 21:52
Im new to this site and im about to start the aplication to NATS soonish as i'll be 18.. Just hope to get more information than i already have about becoming and Air Traffic Control Officer. It is my dream job after doing my work experience at Glasgow airport which was very interesting and made what i believe a highly stressful yet rewarding job my dream.
Im doing highers at school just now and ive been told at the SECC career show where NATS were giving information that highers werent needed is this true?
As ive been reading the tests are hard and i was wondering if there was anything which would help you "study" for it in any way and how i go about applying.
Thanks

Lewis

24th Feb 2008, 22:13
You can apply online at the NATS website.

Read Graham Dukes "Air Traffic Control" it will give a bit of knowledge about what happens and why.

Good luck

NeoDude
25th Feb 2008, 06:04
Stick in with your highers and apply to NATS when you are 18. Having highers isn't required but I'm pretty sure that they won't do you any harm (Physics, Geography & Maths may be quite benificial). It will also avoid the situation of being asked at your stage 3 interview why you gave up on them.