PDA

View Full Version : Statistics for Ground Handling Incidents

surely not
24th Feb 2008, 11:36
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I'm sure someone will tell me if it isn't!!

I am interested in whether there are any statistics readily available, and preferably free :rolleyes:, that show the incidence of 'ramp rash' accidents and injuries/deaths with comparisons year on year for the last years ideally? Worldwide would good, just Middle East ideal, or UK as a guide also good.

There is plenty of statistics on aircraft accidents but I haven't been able to Google anything that shows statistics for ramp vehicle accidents, including when an aircraft is involved.

Fingers crossed that someone out there can help.

PEI_3721
24th Feb 2008, 20:50
Start here: http://www.flightsafety.org/gap_home.html
See the two presentations

surely not
25th Feb 2008, 10:41
Thank you for that link PEI it is very helpful and will convince some doubters of the need to adhere to procedures!!

alf5071h
25th Feb 2008, 16:09
Also see
Aviation Safety Letter 1 2007 ‘Preventing Ramp and Ground Accidents’. (www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/systemsafety/newsletters/tp185/menu.htm )

and Flight Safety Australia “What’s the Damage”. (www.casa.gov.au/fsa/2002/jan/index.asp)

If procedures / procedural non compliance is of particular interest you should look for a copy of “Bending the rules - The Violation Manual” a paper by Patrick Hudson, James Reason, et al.

Follow the link in another paper, published by the rail industry, to a valuable resource ‘Rule Compliance Tool Kit’. (www.rssb.co.uk/pdf/reports/research/Instructions to download and run the Toolkit final.pdf)