PDA

View Full Version : New Airport Security Measures at YYZ

Captain Beakman
15th Sep 2001, 18:30
Can anyone give me some insight into the new security measures at YYZ? You see security on the television confiscating disposable razors etc. and I'm wondering what items I'm now allowed to pack. Am I allowed to pack (for example) nail scissors in checked baggage (i.e. not carry on). Is there anything that we take for granted as being "harmless" that nowadays is the cause of concern and confiscation? Any tips we can give one another will surely stop us being unnecessarily delayed. Regards to all

PaperTiger
15th Sep 2001, 21:00
For obvious reasons, details of the increased security measures have not been made public. It can be assumed that anything which could conceivably be used as a weapon will be removed from carryons. (I heard reports that at least one unnamed airport was confiscating ballpoint pens, although it's hard to see how these could be detected on one's person.)

Diabetics and others with a legitimate need to carry syringes must have some medical proof of their condition.

I don't know that there have been any changes to allowable items in checked bags.
So put razors, scissors, nail files etc. into the checked bags, or better yet buy them when you get where you're going.