PDA

View Full Version : Working conditions In Sri Lanka

info4u
11th Feb 2001, 04:28
Will appreciate any information about Air Lanka, pilots working conditions,employee treatment by management, ExPat problems if any, local accecptance of EXPATS etc.
Contemplating position with either SQ or Sri Lanka any suggestions which is the lesser problem-prone?
Thanks

Jetgate
6th Mar 2001, 13:07
Just read your post and all I can say is that Sri-Lanka is a fantastic place to live as a foreign Line Pilot. Sometime ago I read that the local guys weren't paid half as much and were so sick and tired of it that a walkout was imminent. However I do think now that it has all been settled. Air-Lanka has been re-branded Sri-Lankan and is now 51% owned by Emirates. UL; ICAO code and inferred locally as Usually Late; has a long history and has been an award winner on many occasions. I don't know much about recent flight deck crew morale or co-operation but the smile and friendliness of sri-lankan's in general are legendary.

I do have a couple of old articles from various aviation magazines which I have saved for my own use when applying to Sri-Lanakan in the future and be more than happy to share them with you if you e-mail me your fax number.

I wish you the best of luck and envy your position, as for me, a job with Sri-Lankan would be the crowning glory to my career in aviation.

Regards,

Jetgate.

------------------
There are Old Pilots and Bold Pilots, but no Old Bold Pilots.

m&v
8th Mar 2001, 22:20
Suggest "Far East" Forum,gets more readers!!
Cheers

tropaco
4th Nov 2003, 06:29
hi does anybody have anny info re sri lankan license conversion from an FAA commercial/instrument etc?