PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Flight Schools

Charlie Papa Lima
13th Sep 2001, 21:35
I'm looking for a flight school in Vancouver to complete my Commercial & ME/IFR. Has anyone got any opinions, good or bad about any schools in the area? I have a short list of four and need to reduce this number. Thanks for any replies.

Joker's Wild
14th Sep 2001, 07:28
If you'd like to email me with the schools you've identified, I'd be happy to see if they're any I'm familiar with.

:cool:

Rojop
15th Sep 2001, 09:51
I used to instruct for Canadian Flight Centre in Boundary Bay. That was three years ago. At the time, I thought it was a pretty good operation. The employer took good care of the instructors, students, and aircraft. The instructors did a good job. I don't know if that has changed or not. (Call 604-946-7744)

Another good school is Professional IFR in Boundary Bay. I attended the owners' IFR seminar and was highly impressed. I doubt you will go wrong with either of these.

Golden Monkey
15th Sep 2001, 12:41
This combined with other mails will probably equal the whole of your shortlist of four - at one time or another I've used Regency, Pacific and CFC at Boundary Bay. If you've not already got enough opinion, feel free to mail.

Thanks.

Steve76
15th Sep 2001, 13:08
I studied at Langley Flying School. It was without a doubt, the best Fixed Wing operation I have seen as far as Training Organisations go....and I am a helo pilot. I have did a IFR/NVFR conversion and having substancial previous IFR experience found these guys to be excellent. If you want to become more than the average IFR driver then go to them. They have a distict focus on quality not quantity and do not squander your money.
On the factual side their students are recieving excellent jobs in the industry and a good rap for them is the booking sheet. Always full. A sign that someone is doing things correct. Without a doubt the friendliest bunch of people I have met in aviation in the last 10 years.
As you can see I cannot say enough good things...and NO I don't have shares in the company. :D
E-mail me if you want further info, I still have contacts in Lanley for accomodation etc.
See their webpage at langleyflyingschool.com
Goodluck

Jetgate
17th Sep 2001, 05:40
CPL,

I noticed that your a Brit wishing to train in Canada and can only say that it's a fine decision. I'm from Ealing, West London and did all my training and now work in CZBB as an Instructor (and back to Blighty on the 3/11 after 26 months..... yee haaaa).

If you'd like some helpful tips and hints then mail me,

Regards, D.J.

P.S.

Iain, hello mate.... and CZBB is not so full these days!!!

Rojop
19th Sep 2001, 08:24
I've been out of the CZBB scene for three years now. When I was there, the circuit pattern was always jam-packed with Cessnas and Cherokees, the tower was always yelling at someone, and you often got trampled by the hoards of student pilots in the terminal.

I don't imagine it's changed much, has it?

Charlie Papa Lima
23rd Sep 2001, 20:19
Thanks for all your comments. The list is still four long!!! :confused:

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: Charlie Papa Lima ]

Jetgate
25th Sep 2001, 12:31
Charlie Papa Lima, hope you received my reply to your e-mail and good luck.

BroomHilda
25th Sep 2001, 19:23
Have you thought about Victoria? Good mix of traffic, and there are some good schools there. Juan Air has some nice cessna equipment, a Seneca for multi, and a charter operation combineed. They also offer some free accommodation.
If you prefer Katanas, there is Victoria Flight Training, which also has a good reputation.

Both have website. Good luck in your training. :cool: