View Full Version : easyJet : GVA-ZRH ?

2nd Oct 2001, 15:39
Now Swissair is out of service and all its damned monopolies too !!!
Few years ago Stelios wanted to open a Geneva-Zurich route. NOW it'll be possible !!!

[ 02 October 2001: Message edited by: atr42 ]

2nd Oct 2001, 17:04
By the time Stelios has figured out how to put the request in to Berne and get it approved, LX will be running the service.

Not that it is a sector that pays - and its almost as quick by train.

2nd Oct 2001, 17:13
ATR42 - I followed this all closely, and do not remember Stelios ever proposing Geneva Zurich. What did indeed happen was that TEA (partly or completely owned by Migros/Hotelplan) proposed to do it and charge CHF 99.- return about 10 years ago. SR had the right to approve, and did not, but promised to (1) lower the price and (2) improve the service, but did neither. The first "shuttle" announcement actually had one less flight than there was previously. The prices went up. Business Class was moved from 5 seats across to 6 on the A32x.

I don't know whether any remnant of TEA still exists.


2nd Oct 2001, 19:07
Has easyJet spare aircraft to fly the route even if it wanted too?

However, in the current climate maybe there will be surplus aircraft around if they needed them.

2nd Oct 2001, 19:14
Momo: Would that be the same TEA that easyJet bought 40% of in 1998 and renamed easyJet Switzerland? I believe they have an option to buy the remaining 60% as well.

2nd Oct 2001, 19:58
Yup. That rings a bell. I think that's how he wound up with the Swiss registered planes.