PDA

View Full Version : sep aircraft annuals for private use, N register

Sam Rutherford
22nd Feb 2008, 11:55
A quick question...

The annual on my aeroplane expires on 5 May. I will not fly her again until 10 June or so. Is there any issue with only getting a new annual done at the beginning of June, or is it better to have the annual done within the 12 months anyway?

Thanks, Sam.

IO540
22nd Feb 2008, 13:57
On purely economic grounds one could argue that delaying the Annual (to the end of any grounded time) is worth doing because it stretches the money you paid for the last Annual that bit more :)

You can also get an insurance refund/credit for the grounded time; they will reduce the cover to ground risk only. I've just got a £500 credit due to my engine being out for a bit, not bad.

OTOH it is much better to schedule one's Annual in the middle of the crappiest weather the UK can deliver which is normally Dec-Feb :) We often get a nice April/May.

I would do the Annual NOW. Ultimately it depends on the value you attach to downtime. An Annual in the summer can drive you bonkers.

SkyHawk-N
22nd Feb 2008, 14:54
Something that is always worth thinking about is getting your annuals done on a 13 month basis. The required 12 months extends from any day of one month to the last day of the same month in the following year, you then get the log books signed off early in the next month, if all that makes sense.

Over the next few years you could get your annual rescheduled to a time during the winter, much more convenient than the summer.

flyingfemme
22nd Feb 2008, 16:10
A US annual will not expire on the 5th of anything.........it lasts until the final day of the calendar month. Your annual needs to be signed on, or after, the first of June to continue flying.