PDA

View Full Version : any fall hiring on the way

flyguy93
7th Sep 2001, 08:18
yah right?? i laugh myself. i just thought i should ask. maybe somebody's got some insight. i am talking airlines or the major charter companies (e.g. Canada3000 or Skyservice). have they changed their minimum requirements at all?. how about a guy with 3200hrs 1300hr multi-turbine, what's next? :rolleyes:

m&v
9th Sep 2001, 05:23
Rumour has it that Skyservice might hire again soon.3000hrs should cut it!
Look to your daily papers as early as next week,and depending on some pending contracts. :rolleyes:

m&v
10th Sep 2001, 01:23
Third,you know all the right places,I know and Miss.Back home from the middle east,did alot of work,interesting places,friendly people-the girls there don't want us to leave(where have I heard that before).Won't be back in the hot place next year,too busy where you are now..I'll be there too..
YVR sunny today-as always.See you in Dec'
Cheers!!!! :eek:

flyguy93
10th Sep 2001, 04:49
thanks m&v, u can tell i am some what pessimistic about any upcoming hiring. i just got a letter from those guys saying, nada ! so got my fingers crossed and eyes wide open. you must be on contract work (i'm assuming), how's the lifestyle??? :cool:

taildrag
10th Sep 2001, 07:26
Despite the carping about US pilots, I feel it necessary to inquire about hiring, since Midway Airlines,operating 737-700s and CRJs, just canned half its pilots and airplanes, and is now in chapter 11 (receivership), and survival is in question.

We have about 183 pilots out of work, some typed in Fokker 100, A-320, as well as the above types. Co-pilots are not type rated.
All have US passports and FAA ATPLs.

What I really want to know is, anybody hiring old (57!) fat guys? :eek:

[ 10 September 2001: Message edited by: taildrag ]

flyclipper
15th Sep 2001, 18:00
Since Tuesday it looks pretty grim in the "great white north". AC is going to be hurt exremly bad this year and that will have a severe ripple effect. AirTransat doesn't look great either.
I am looking for work myself, (2800TT).
Good luck to all.

Captain Beakman
15th Sep 2001, 18:27
Taildrag,
I am very upset at the Midway guys being a victim of the financial mismanagement at Midway - in particular the Big Boss's rapid promotion & financial enhancement of his (married) girlfriend who ran inflight services - no airline can expect to survive with the "in crowd" all taking more than their fair cut. I do hope all you well qualified guys enjoy success in your job search. I believe Delta (comair) is taking a lot of you guys on. As for anyone hiring "old, fat guys" - there is no such thing in the aviation world - there are only "experienced, mature, professional gentlemen who fit the cockpit in a snug and precise fashion" and I suggest you market yourself in that fashion. Good luck to you and your colleagues. This is a dreadful time.

flyguy93
18th Sep 2001, 07:42
With all that has taken place last week, we are all in for some major changes. Just think about it, if there was any hiring anticipated in our national airlines, they might be a pause since it will take a while to get things upto full operating speed. so i guess it would be safe to assume that all attention is directed to get things going. What does this mean to me?, i just hope my resume didn't get misplaced in all the excitement and that things hurry up and get to normal. we all have to make a living somehow. i would like to make mine in a jet, if i may add. :confused: