PDA

View Full Version : UK National seeks info.

Celt
3rd Feb 2001, 02:43
Hello Canada

Is it possible for a UK "self - improver" and ex-RAF rearcrew to swap passports and work in the Great White North?
Permanent turbo-prop co-pilot would suit me fine - even if I have to speak French and buy all the Labatts!
My wife prefers red to light blue - what are the Mounties like to fly for? Institutionalised - moi?

All the Best, Canada.

Celt

Squawk 8888
3rd Feb 2001, 07:24
If you really want a challenge try flying waterbombers. Not for the faint of heart, but if you have an ATPL it could be interesting. In Ontario they're operated by the Ministry of Natural Resources (http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/).

paco
3rd Feb 2001, 18:45
I know the RCMP have just made all their pilots civilians (they've got a very nice Pilatus at Prince George) but you've got to be at least a Landed Immigrant if not a citizen before they will even consider you. Expect at least four years to get the latter.

There is a lot of activity starting in fixed wing, and it's even soaking up the odd helicopter pilot here and there, but you will definitely need at least a CPL/IR and maybe ATPL depending on the machine.

cheers

Phil

doo
3rd Feb 2001, 22:06
Dear Celt,
As a Canadian National working in the UK there are lots of jobs here, especially for 737/Airbus endorsed guys

Celt
3rd Feb 2001, 22:28
Thanks, guys.