PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter position Canada

helimuster
6th Sep 2001, 17:40
Hi There,
Looking for temporary work in Canada, CPL(H) Australian, 1000+ hours, R22/44, H269, B47Gs and KH4, B206. Stock Mustering Endorsed, HUET, Experienced Tourism Management & Operations, speak English/French, open to any suggestion.
thanks
:rolleyes:

Luftwaffle
7th Sep 2001, 01:17
I enjoy seeing the sorts of things that are endoresements in other countries. "Stock mustering," does that really mean that you are officially certified to round up livestock with a helicopter? Do they do that in Canada? I suppose so.

I saw a US ad for a pilot with a "banner tow endorsement," and a friend told me he didn't have a tailwheel endorsement.

I suppose employers in Canada just have to trust the pilot when she answers "yup" to "can you round up chickens while towing a banner in a taildragger?"

(No mocking intended, helimuster, I'm just easily amused).

Steve76
7th Sep 2001, 13:19
Well they do muster reindeer in Alaska..fact.
Kiaora Cuzzie
I think its a matter of getting here and having a licence first. If you have the needed skills an employer (with the blessing of Human Resources Canada) can offer you a chance to apply for a work permit. Speaking french is a major asset.
It a great country.. :)

IHL
9th Sep 2001, 01:07
Helimuster, it's the wrong time of year . You would be better off to get your paper work in order and plan on arriving in Canada early April.

With a 1000 hours you shouldn't have a problem finding a job flying a Jet Ranger.
There are very few piston jobs available.