PDA

View Full Version : High time pilot jobs Canada (737, A300, F27 etc)

Pete the Pilot
6th Sep 2001, 17:31
I'm thinking of emigrating to Canada with my family. It would be Alberta. Whats the situation like out there with regard to carriers like West Jet and the smaller companies like Air Spray etc?

Is fire suppression an option or are there people queuing up for the job?

If anybody fancys a contact in the UK let me know your email address.

Thanks

Canuck_AV8R
10th Sep 2001, 21:45
Pete:

Post your email address or just email me at [email protected]. I live in Calgary and work for WestJet, maybe I can provide some insight.

Cheers

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/pint1.gif

[ 10 September 2001: Message edited by: Canuck_AV8R ]

fullforward
11th Sep 2001, 05:44
Dear Canuck,

And as for a high time wide body captain?
How you feel the prospectives in Canada? I mean even for join a 737 or 320 fleet...Do you think any of them would hire a DEC?

Best regards,

Canuck_AV8R
11th Sep 2001, 06:54
There is not a lot of hiring of direct entry captains at any of the airlines in Canada. Royal Airlines (now part of Canada 3000) used to hire contract captains on a fairly regular basis. I am not sure if they still do or not.

Your only choices outside of the Air Canada "family" are Air Transat, SkyService and WestJet for medium to large jet jobs. If you want to fly night freight there is Kelowna Flightcraft, Morningstar and All Canada Express.

I work at WestJet and I know that we do not hire DEC. My guess is that pickings will be pretty slim.

Good Luck, I I can help anymore email me at [email protected]

Cheers

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/pint1.gif

DDDOF
12th Sep 2001, 05:51
Canuk Av8or:

Couple of quick questions for U!
Does WestJet still require you to have 5000 hours(I have 4850)? If you have 5000 hours might a person get a interview or is it nessesary to have someone on the inside pulling for you to get an interview and do they have to be a pilot?
Now with the new route starting to YSB in Dec. and with the increase in flights out of the YHM hub is there any chance that Westjet will start a pilot base there?
Does Westjet frown on commuting, or do they require you to live in YYC, would it be possible to commute out of YHM.
I actually used to fly with ICC and met quite a few of your F/A's as they would come with us down to GDL on their way to P. Varatta, tell Janet, Lisa and Raylene(sp) that Dunc says Hi!

Canuck_AV8R
12th Sep 2001, 07:04
DDDOF:

Check your private messages.

Cheers

dinob737
13th Sep 2001, 08:22
Sirs,

I just got my MOT ATP last week and a recent landed immigrant. I have 2000+ hours on the B737-300 via the Phils. and Cote d'Ivoire. I do not know anyone in WestJet. What are the chances of me landing a job there. Am willing to relocate if necessary. I have 3000 hours fixed wing and 2000+ hours flight engineer. Thanks.

Canuck_AV8R
13th Sep 2001, 09:59
The minimum hours requirement for WestJet at the present time is 5000 hours total time. This generally does NOT include F/E time although some credit may be given (possibly 50%, though don't quote me on that).

The reason for this is the rapid expansion and the fast track to command. Historically this has been less that 2 years and in some cases considerably less.

Keep pluging away and good luck.

Cheers