PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Conversion!

himalaya
23rd May 2001, 08:08
I am planning to convert my ICAO and FAA ATPL to Canadian ATPL. Can any one suggest best schools in canada (Specially, around Toronto area )where this could be done at an economical cost ? What are the requirements etc?

Thanks,

Himalaya

Zeke
23rd May 2001, 12:45
Talk to the guys at aerocourse for the theory (www.aerocourse.com), the three exams you need to do (2 ATPL, 1 instrument rating), will set you back about CAN$400 for the course, plus CAN$120 to transport canada (TC) for the exams.

You can turn up at TC any time during office hours to sit the papers, and they can be done on different days, no booking required.

Need to do the TC medical also.

The flight test is just a multi-engine ride, nothing special.

:rolleyes:

himalaya
24th May 2001, 05:32
Dear zeke!

Thanks for the info. just a few more questions..

1. What is the minimum time I have to train in Multi Engine before I could go for the Multi/IFR Ride ?

2. Do I need sign off from any Instructors to appear for the Written exam ? What about multi Engine ?

Thanks alot for your input.

himalaya

Zeke
24th May 2001, 08:49
I had to do no training at all, just jump in the aircraft (first time in Canada) and do the ride, very straight forward no tricks. They gave me a good breifing before hand. I had done all the written exams before I did the ride, making me understand their airspace a procedures better.

No instructor sign off was required for the written exam. Just the Transport Canada medial (so they have opened a file for you). Costs about CAN$150.

You can get you current ICAO licence and medical validated for 90 days to receive a LTPL (limited term PRIVATE licence) this allows you to do training and/or private touring on your validated ICAO licence without doing and exams of flight test in Canada...costs about CAN$50.

All the info you are after is on this link http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/general/personel/FOREIGN/fore.htm

:rolleyes:

himalaya
26th May 2001, 13:35
Appreciate your info. THANKS !!

Happy Landings,

Himalaya