PDA

View Full Version : Group Ownership near London

welrifai
20th Feb 2008, 01:02
I'm trying to find out how to go about finding a group ownership plan for a Cessna 172.

How would you suggest someone go about finding out about people interested in group ownership that I can buy a Cessna with, or preferably joining an existing group?

I'm training for my PPL currently (will that be a problem with group ownership schemes?), after having done about 30 hours in the States when I was 18, 8 years ago. I'm very committed to putting about 6 hours a month, so I think it makes financial sense. The one problem I see, the nature of my work is such that I can almost never train during the week - so I need all my hours on the weekend!

I live in London, and have been going out to Southend airport (near Chelmsford).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Wael

Red Four
20th Feb 2008, 07:13
Have you tried GBHUJ group at Southend?

micromalc
20th Feb 2008, 07:17
Funny, I thought Southend airport was near Southend. Seriously though, try looking on the web at AFORS and The Hangar etc and then maybe have a fun weekend going to places like North Weald, Stapleton, Clacton and Great Oakley airfields and meet some people and get the word out.

SteveR
20th Feb 2008, 11:08
Why are you fixed on a Cessna? Seems a bit limiting to me, and they're not exactly known for their sparkling performance.

We operate a 4-seater out of Rochester, we're 6 at the moment but the aircraft is underused and we'd probably be happy to talk to somebody who will add to her usage.

PM me for further details.

Steve R

Kolibear
20th Feb 2008, 11:25
We are based at North Weald and have a vacancy in our Robin group. Feel free to PM me for further details.

Laroussi
20th Feb 2008, 12:10
We have a share going in a PA28-180 Cherokee out of Elstree. You need 100 hours logged though for insurance purposes.

PM me if you want to know more.

welrifai
20th Feb 2008, 17:01
I should have guessed there's a city called Southend nearby! I just have an instructor who points out Chelmsford and the river Crouch whenever we are in the sky... I'm a recent arrival to the UK.

karl414ac
20th Feb 2008, 17:12
Hi If your looking for a cessna near london we(Aircraft Grouping Ltd) are basing a no equity well equipt cessna 172R at Elstree for £60 per hour wet incl VAT

PM for more details

welrifai
20th Feb 2008, 17:12
Will the insurance policy still cover me as long as I have a licensed trainer as P1?

welrifai
20th Feb 2008, 17:14
Can you give me a little information about your Robin group?

I haven't been out to North Weald airport yet, do you know if it's accessible by train from London (I live near King's Cross). I'm a somewhat new arrival to the UK, and don't know my way around quite yet!

Would your insurance be ok as long as I have a licensed trainer as P1 with me until I get my PPL?

Can you send me some details on your group, the aircraft type, hours, starting costs, and hourly rate?

Thanks,

Wael

my email is [email protected]

welrifai
20th Feb 2008, 17:16
If you have any ideas about how I can go about this... please drop me an email at [email protected].