PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics rumors

Zulu Alpha
19th Feb 2008, 20:35
Ed,

Hasn't been many posts recently about aerobatics so I thought I'd start one.

What are all the WW boys doing this season. I do know about Richards CAP. Has Luke moved on from MAXG?
What other new aircraft are there?

Who's doing Intermediate and who's doing Advanced?

There must be something going on.

ZA

DX Wombat
19th Feb 2008, 21:28
There is. They are all lurking quietly plotting away. :E Alan C has finally seen the light and is having a trial flight in a C152 Aerobat. - True!

eharding
19th Feb 2008, 21:41
LG is still undecided - although we are both planning on doing the Icicle in MAXG (provided we can keep it serviceable - bloody spinner split on Saturday...).

RH should have his shiny new Extra 300 delivered in four weeks or so, but I suspect he'll still be competing in MAXG on and off this year - I went out with him in SIII on Sunday, and managed do coax him into a decent flick (which is odd, given my record last summer...). Did my revalidation in SIII with Abbo (in full WW Instructor uniform!) on Saturday. 1 PFL and about 2 dozen ruades. I'd forgotten how knackering that thing can be, although I'm planning on hiring it for a few jaunts while the Yak is in maintenance prison.

Space is making full use of the 231; The Godfather of Soul is chuffed to bits with his One Design. The Lazer hasn't moved in months. Smurf was last seen being cut out of a full-body fibreglass mould after he attempted to patch a small crack in the cowling of the 230. Much talk in the clubhouse about who has managed to hire what at how much? per hour for the AWAC. Uncle and the other RH have been busy in a hangar at the Other Place fertling the New Toy, and come back chortling at lot.

The Yak55 crew from Dahn Saff have put in the occasional appearance, but still haven't seen the thing in the metal.

And youself?

DX Wombat
19th Feb 2008, 21:52
I heard a rumour that there was to be a mass decamp to EGBS for a week or so in May. Is this correct?

TheGorrilla
19th Feb 2008, 23:35
Bollocks! Read the specials board! The most important notam at eglm!

DX Wombat
20th Feb 2008, 06:19
Read the specials board! The most important notam at eglm! Was that addressed to me? If so, even with my good eyesight, I'd have a great deal of difficulty reading it from 200+ miles away. :(

eharding
20th Feb 2008, 09:57
Whoops. Someone forgot to lock The Gorrilla up last night....sorry. He's just getting a bit fractious as his Yak isn't working at the moment.......

DX Wombat
20th Feb 2008, 12:21
That would explain it then, thank you Ed.
Something to cheer up Gorrilla:
http://www.hawaiiag.org/add/images/recipes/Banana.gif
and
http://pchanez.club.fr/Himalaya/yak.jpg
or should that be one of these?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011050.jpg
or maybe:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011742.jpg
or even:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011753.jpg :)

mothflyer
20th Feb 2008, 13:34
Classic... nice shots to make any one a little grumpy!

Anyone help with 1st hand account of the 52TD. Got a keen interest in joining or starting a group sometime soon. Mad keen on building up my now stale aeros too.

All accounts welcome.

Cheers. :ok:

DX Wombat
20th Feb 2008, 16:55
Classic... nice shots to make any one a little grumpy!
Not really, they are designed to slow down Gorrilla so that the others can recapture him and get him back in his cage. :E
Now, if I really wanted to wind up everyone I would post some of these: :E
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011773.jpg

Zulu Alpha
20th Feb 2008, 18:18
And youself?

Not much flying. G LAZAs annual took a month, mainly because I took it apart before I went off to help Mark in the Al Ain aerobatics competition, and when I got back my inspector was in Lanzarote for 2 weeks. All flying again now, although I was decidedly twichy being stuck on the ground during the CAVOK at the start of Feb.
Have decided to stay with G-LAZA for another season at least. Haven't heard anything from any of the Lads and Lasses oop norf about any changes in aircraft.

The Laser spinner splits regularly and is now half weld half original. I am halfway through making a carbon fibre one.

Al Ain was brilliant. There are some photos on Marks website and we also took 4 hrs of video both in cockpit and from the ground. We're editing it into 4 mins, to match aerobatics pilots attention span!!! Pity I had to miss the AGM, but it wasn't a hard choice really.

See you at the Icicle? Intermediate or Advanced...that's the $1M question.

David

eharding
20th Feb 2008, 22:53
Indeterminate for me, Advanced for Lucky. Its a £45 question (entrance fees have gone up!)

And what's happened to the BAeA website? - just visited to check the competition fees - seems to have gone through a timewarp - one minute there was a charming young lady and her Extra 230, and now we're back to some fat git trying to wedge himself into a Pitts - thought we'd seen the last of that one.....

Flyingcircusace
21st Feb 2008, 01:47
Ed

Glad to see the 300 had reminded you of your mortality!!!

ZA, I think there is a fair bit of secret exotica oopp north, we will have to wait and see.

1D going well, reversing torque rolls, flat 360's, ruades from any line, all on 160hp....

Unable Icicle due pesky childbirth drama, but looking forward to a season at Advanced..

Ed see you on sat?

TheGorrilla
24th Feb 2008, 00:00
Good custard today!

stiknruda
24th Feb 2008, 09:01
I understand that Top Totty has swapped his red mount for something from Guthrie, Ok that was owned by a double glazing salesman.

Flyingcircusace
24th Feb 2008, 09:34
Ah Stik, that would fit in with the rumour about the Glazing mans,new toy....

All we need is some weather to practice...

Ed sell that YAk...

stickandrudderman
24th Feb 2008, 12:44
So who's is the Trike Yak reg'd 01?

Zulu Alpha
24th Feb 2008, 14:37
Yes, I also heard that PTTT had swapped his red mount for...a red mount!.....but its not on G-INFO yet.

Went flying again this afternoon.....very nice

Six weeks to go until the circus starts again!!

ZA

Sleeve Wing
24th Feb 2008, 21:06
stickandrudderman

Quote:So who's in the Trike Yak reg'd 01?

A careful check reveals.....nobody !! although WideBody could be lurkin' close by.

Yep, seems to be really winding up at WW. Few more gongs and pots this year if the aircraft hold together. Thank you, Uncle.
Sure the New Toy will be an interesting addition to the circus as well.
Good luck, guys.
Sleeve. :ok:

DX Wombat
24th Feb 2008, 21:56
So who's is the Trike Yak reg'd 01?The answer is, as Sleeve Wing said, nobody at the time I took the photo, but Widebody was indeed at EGBO as was Mrs Widebody and she had just taken me for a short flight in the Yak. The photo was taken in July 2005.

TheGorrilla
24th Feb 2008, 23:21
Pah! Yak pilots are special. Bit like Gorillas.

DX Wombat
25th Feb 2008, 09:33
Yak pilots are special. Bit like Gorillas.:uhoh:You don't mean they are an endangered specie do you? :sad: :sad:

TheGorrilla
25th Feb 2008, 18:54
They both make a fantastic noise.

stickandrudderman
25th Feb 2008, 18:59
So would that be Mr & Mrs Widebody who spend their time flying when they're not flying?
It's just that I think our paths have crossed in the past.

TheGorrilla
25th Feb 2008, 19:05
Yep. The very same. Did they mention flying at all??

eharding
25th Feb 2008, 22:36
Pah! Yak pilots are special. Bit like Gorillas.

Especially when it comes to helping out RV-8 drivers in distress.

I hope the Waltham RV-8 driver in question gets over his distressing affliction - my hearing on Sunday might have been impaired, but I thought he was sorely in need of some form of ointment - complaining about a painful Cark, I think he was saying something about having lost his Cark-Eaze. Nasty.

TheGorrilla
25th Feb 2008, 23:22
Lets all hope it's not contageous. There'll be Airbuses stranded everywhere!

(Paddy went for IQ test had to put the word "CONTAGEOUS" into a sentance.
Thats easy says Paddy, I asked my mate to dig a hole the other day and it took the contageous)

DX Wombat
26th Feb 2008, 09:50
So would that be Mr & Mrs Widebody who spend their time flying when they're not flying?
Yes indeed :ok: and they have both been very supportive to me whilst I have been doing my PPL and since. who spend their time flying Except when entertaining members of ecologically concerned groups to full conducted tours of their aircraft. :ooh:
Think I could be in bother for that.:uhoh: