PDA

View Full Version : VFR Flying in Bulgaria

bazzar
19th Feb 2008, 13:25
Does anybody have any experiece of VFR flight in Bulgaria or any idea of where i can get the appropriate VFR airspace charts for the region.

Tried the CAA over there several times and have never got a reply.

Looking to free fly hot-air balloons so not sure of what restrictions may apply. i.e. flight plan etc.

airmanbg
1st Oct 2008, 16:50
I do have an experience of VFR Flying in Bulgaria because here I am making my CPL.

The charts for class G airspace can be found in Jeppesen.

About VFR maps for Bulgarian airports: Under construction....

About the routing: Use towns on the GPS :-)

Regards!

LH2
1st Oct 2008, 18:29
Very interesting. Pardon the digression, but any idea where one could hire VFR or IFR equipped planes (one or more engines) in Bulgaria? And going rates?

airmanbg
1st Oct 2008, 18:35
You may check with Air Sport and Scorpion Air, we at BVC used to do it but not any more.:ok:

vanHorck
1st Oct 2008, 19:16
pretty sure you could rent a plane (Diamond/Katana type) just over the border in Romania at Tuzla airfield. The man to speak to is Dorin Ivascu who is director of the field but also director of Baneasa airport in Bucharest. PM me for details if you need them

Bert

Pete Dog
1st Oct 2008, 22:25
I can't answer your question but I would like to know as well. I am a new pilot with under 100 hrs but I am in Bulgaria for about 4 weeks a year so I want to know about flying there as well. A website I came accross for listing airfields is Fly (http://fly.dsc.net/u/Home) . It shows airfields in Bulgaris as well bt I have not managed to go through them and phone them. Keep us posted about your experiences

airmanbg
2nd Oct 2008, 08:18
Guys, there are several airfields in Bulgaria that are not published yet in the AIP.

About the international airports you may find all needed information in the AIP and Jeppesen.

If you need more specific information please tell me what exactly you need to know, so I will try to provide it to you.

Regards!