PDA

View Full Version : Airport slots

no slots
19th Feb 2008, 10:14
Having a discussion this morning whilst waiting for the fog to lift. Who descides when to initiate flow control at airports due to poor weather,ground congestion etc and how is this established? We got fed up with talking about football. Thanks.:ok:

flowman
19th Feb 2008, 10:56
Normally the tower Supervisor, using his skill and judgement, and in co-ordination with the FMP will decide on a reduced capacity. This will be passed to CFMU as a request for regulation which we duly apply.
flowman

no slots
19th Feb 2008, 12:36
Thanks Flowman.
That explaines why we get boshed by inbounds after the fog lifts.No supervisors to make a descision.:ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Feb 2008, 12:51
<<That explaines why we get boshed by inbounds after the fog lifts.No supervisors to make a descision.>>

???? Pilot jumping to wrong conclusion???

unknown00
19th Feb 2008, 12:51
Flow control can be requested also by airport supervisors due to ground handling limitations or other ground related problems (parking, fault to equipment, ground personnel strikes...) :}

Gonzo
19th Feb 2008, 18:07
Ah, well, it all depends really.

We (LL Tower Sup.) will inform TC of the spacing requirement (i.e. in LVPs due fog we'll want 6 miles spacing, if it's due low cloud we might get away with 5 miles behind a medium, 6 behind a heavy).

Terminal Control Group Sup Airports and Network Sup will then liaise with CFMU to put an appropriate LL ARR flow rate on.

Dont tell um pike
19th Feb 2008, 18:48
No Slots

Fed up with talking about football ? thats just crazy, 5-0 on monday night , we'll be talking about it for ages.

:ok:

DTUP

UlsterPPL
19th Feb 2008, 23:08
With the example of this morning, I would like to know how do airlines cope with the limited slots available and recover from the disruption? How do they share the limited ground resources (gate/stand) at airport with sudden changes? Does CDM portal at EGLL helps? Your comment is very much appreciated.

no slots
20th Feb 2008, 08:23
Blimey Pikey
Was it a dream or didnt the other side turn up!! Dont tell me the Mini Mexican got on the score sheet. Down in March might try for a guest appearance. Cheers.N S.:eek:

no slots
20th Feb 2008, 08:28
No, sorry HD just some old bored common or garden atcos thinking of ways to ease fog rush so our coffee does nt get too cold.:bored: