PDA

View Full Version : U of T Professional Pilot program

Flying Canuck
17th May 2001, 23:38
As I mentioned on an earlier post, I'm working towards finishing up my private licence with the intent to keep on logging the time needed for the commercial licence with the multi-engine / instrument ratings. But I'm trying to decide how best to do that. Does anyone know anything about the Professional Pilot & Aviation Management program offered through the U of T & Senecca College?

The flight training is the new intergrated training, & it works out to be a little more expensive than piecing it together 1 licence & rating at a time. My question is, it worth it? Next the schooling aspect through the U of T, I think would be interesting, but adds to the expense, is it worth it? They say that the students get to intern with Bombardier & Air Canada & that Air Canada is very involved in developing the curriculum. Anyway, curious if anyone in the industry knows of this program & curious as what opinions might be.

Thanks, & if anyone wants to check it out here's the web address: www.pdc.utoronto.ca (http://www.pdc.utoronto.ca)

IHL
20th May 2001, 07:42
Sounds like an elitist program to me . The circle that I travel in can afford a University Degree or a commercial multi-IFR but not both. IF you can do both then go for it . To me it sounds like aviation will be reserved for the rich and not the working class. But I knew that all ready .

Best regards
AHL.