PDA

View Full Version : Farm Strip near Wakefield?

batninth
18th Feb 2008, 10:00
As someone who flies around North Yorkshire, it seems that I'm supposed to know everything :bored: which is why I've been asked today by a colleague if there is a farm strip close to Wakefield by the M1 at Denby Dale. She says she saw a couple of GA types around there.

I'm not aware of anything & couldn't see a strip on UKGA.

Anyone aware of a farm strip around there (and no, it's not Crosland Moor she's thinking of)

Thanks

hobbit1983
18th Feb 2008, 10:32
A search for "Denby Dale" here http://fly.dsc.net/u/Search gives this list of possible strips;

Upper Cumberworth (New House Farm) Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 0
Birds Edge (Newhouse Farm) Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 1
Mirfield (Gregory Farm) Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 6
HUDDERSFIELD/CROSLAND MOOR Airfield (unlicensed, farm strip or private) 7
Slaithwaite (Folly Farm/Slate Pits Farm) Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 8
Wakefield (Carr Gate) Heli Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 10
CARR GATE (HELI) Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 10
Ecclesfield WW1 Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 11
NOSTELL PRIORY Airfield (disused, unlicensed or unknown status) 11

(the numbers are distances in nm from Denby Dale). Could it be one of those? fly.dsc.net will allow you to view a GE map with the location of each strip pinpointed.

FullyFlapped
18th Feb 2008, 10:55
As someone who flies around North Yorkshire, it seems that I'm supposed to know everything
Well, there you are then, there's your problem : Wakefield's not in North Yorkshire ! :p;)

I'm sure the "strippers" will know better, but the nearest I can think of is at Garforth.

Them thar hills
18th Feb 2008, 12:53
How about Walton Wood ?
Listed in some guides, and still exists.
What type of aircraft do you use ??
t

batninth
19th Feb 2008, 08:07
Thank you TTH - that's the most likely candidate

Mr Flapped Sir...
Well, there you are then, there's your problem : Wakefield's not in North Yorkshire !I don't know everything, but if you look at my location when I post you'll see that it's likely I know where Wakefield is :hmm:

FullyFlapped
19th Feb 2008, 08:09
If you look at mine, you'll see I do too .. and it's deffo not up here in "God's country" !

Only pulling your leg, no offense intended !