PDA

View Full Version : Work Visa??

Silky
17th Jan 2001, 21:26
How does a humble pilot get a work visa for Canada?? Any good suggestions... please keep em clean... :) :) :)

------------------
Gravity always wins....

Robsibk
17th Jan 2001, 23:16
Hi thre !

The best way is to apply for permanent residence.
Good luck I'm waiting 6 months already.
By

Randy_g
18th Jan 2001, 12:44
Silky for all immigration questions check out Immigration Canada's website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/

If you have experience, then you have a chance of a job. If however you are a low-timer, then you will find pickings very slim. Lot's of low-time Canadians out there, and you'll have to get into line.

Cheers

Randy_G

If you can't stand the heat...

then turn up the air conditioner !! :)

Silky
18th Jan 2001, 22:56
I have all the required and even a good prospect of a job but struggeling a bit with the work visa business... any hints, and cheers for the web site but been there and done that, got the required 70 on the assesment ... :) :) :)

------------------
Gravity always wins....

Lu Zuckerman
18th Jan 2001, 23:09
To: Robsibk

I have been waiting three years for residency and I believe the end is in sight.

To: Silky

If you have a job prospect and the firm wants to hire you all they have to do is write a letter to you attesting to the fact and how much they are willing to pay you and with that letter you go to any border crossing and show it to the immigration officer and he will issue you a work permit for one year. It is renewable upon expiration. That's how I got in the first time and my permit was renewed twice.

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 18 January 2001).]

compressor stall
19th Jan 2001, 15:15
start french lessons - it will get you an extra 7 points if you are fluent :)

as the webby says, you need 70 points.

In my case without a job offer I sit on mid 60s. You will find that being a pilot gets you only 1 point out of 10, but the education of being a pilot is worth something like 15 out of 18.

Add that to a uni degree, and you appraoch something fairly close to the mark. Put a job offer on top of that who knows?

good luck with it!

------------------
Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
William Blake

dpnz
22nd Jan 2001, 23:04
I've been in Canada 2 years and into a 3rd, I originally came in on a holiday working visa which is easy to get (depending on where you come from), it also means you can work in any profession while searching out the flying job/ converting licences etc
then get an employer to sponsor you that flying job/ after an impecable record, one comment is right you need to get a validation for that from Human resources and it is specific to the employer, then I figure I am now right for the residency

Good luck, there is certainly plenty moving in CN