PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Emissions

BongleBear
15th Feb 2008, 17:42
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could provide me with ball park figures of the co2 emissions of an aircraft like the jetstream 32/41 and that of something like a citation.

I know it's a long shot and may be in the wrong forum but thought it was worth a shot because I can't find figures anywhere else!

Many thanks,

B Bear

hetfield
15th Feb 2008, 17:59
CO2 emissions?

We are only pilots.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/1/17/Nikko_drei_Affen.jpg/800px-Nikko_drei_Affen.jpg

pt_flyer
15th Feb 2008, 18:10
I am looking for the same thing. How can we figure out the CO2 emissions for specific a/c?

avionneta
15th Feb 2008, 19:56
the CAAs must have those infos

oncenterline
15th Feb 2008, 20:46
AFAIK, if you burn one ton of fuel you get around 3.15 tons of CO2. So if you know the FF it's all basic maths.

BongleBear
16th Feb 2008, 15:40
thanks for the reply, i assume that's the same regardless of aircraft or vehicle then?thanks again,b bear

BerksFlyer
16th Feb 2008, 15:56
thanks for the reply, i assume that's the same regardless of aircraft or vehicle then?thanks again,b bear

Nope, I think thats just for kerosene, different hydrocarbons have different densities so it won't be the same for all types of fuel.

aviate1138
16th Feb 2008, 16:21
As the entire UK CO2 Anthropogenic yearly output is 1.6% of the World total, which is but 3% of ALL CO2 produced[Mother Nature is the most profligate] and CO2 is but 0.037% of our entire atmosphere, has it not occurred to the political numpties that Anthropogenic CO2 reduction is not going to change anything.

The sun is the provider of heat and that looks like it is heading for an output that will be similar to the Mini Ice Age of the 1650-1850's. Northern Canada has ice levels not seen for 15 years or more. Polar Bears can't hunt seals as there are no gaps to swim in! Al Gore please note.

Croqueteer
16th Feb 2008, 17:01
:confused:What is the actual chemical equation for burning ,say, a ton of kerosene? How is the figure of about 3.15 tons of CO2 arrived at?

Wingswinger
16th Feb 2008, 17:03
has it not occurred to the political numpties that Anthropogenic CO2 reduction is not going to change anything.

No it hasn't. Nor has it occurred to the numpties in the BBC which daily barrages us with climate change propaganda. I reckon it's going to take another five to ten years for the carbon hysteria to ebb. Bets anyone?

el #
16th Feb 2008, 19:41
But by that time oil will be 250 usd a barrel, so if a little hysteria helps containing waste, that's ok me thinks.

BerksFlyer
16th Feb 2008, 23:57
In a way it's a good thing that this global warming thing is as big as it is. Remember that 'Necessity is the Mother of Invention' and with pressure from numpties in power, the gutter press and oil prices rising, one would hope that more breakthroughs for cheaper, alternative fuels will come about making air travel cheaper than it is now. Afterall, the world is money driven and while people say they care about the environment, AGW lie or not, they will always care more about their pocket.

james ozzie
18th Feb 2008, 17:21
Aviate1138:

Well, that sorts that one out.

A pity you did not share this knowlege sooner, as all those dumb scientists and engineers waste trillions of dollars trying to fix something that ain't broke.

Now can you tell all the worlds nations how to live in peace and harmony?

And can you teach me how to play the flute and split the atom...? (Thanks John Cleese et alia)