PDA

View Full Version : on the hunt...

low n' slow
11th Jan 2001, 19:51
Hey all, just wondering (with canada being a big country in bush operations...) if there are any known operators of the Sherpa bushplane. It seems this plane has disappeared as it is long since I saw n-e news about it. Did it ever get through certification?
Cheers!

Elliot Moose
11th Jan 2001, 23:37
Saw one in Great Falls Montana last summer. It was on amphibs at the airport there. Word from the line guy was that they were still testing it etc. and he had no idea what the status on the type was. Looks like a great machine except that it should have had a turbine and maybe a little more metal covering it.
Would love to take a round out of one though!

------------------
Elliot Moose is on the Loose!

low n' slow
13th Jan 2001, 04:24
Cheers mate! Nice to know that it might still be around! True as you say thuogh, regarding a trubine and more metal for the performance and ruggidness (how far can performance go for a bushplane?) On my videoclip it lands on a sandbank in the middle of the rappids and lets off a couple of fishermen, then it turns back and applies brakes, full power and then release. shortly thereafter flaps are jerked out and it's airborne! I've gotta try it!