PDA

View Full Version : Please SIGN the Petition to SAVE DC3 Dakota's

Flying Signman
15th Feb 2008, 13:47
This is being talked about in other threads, but there is now an active
PETITION with the PM' office.

Please SIGN if you feel strongly on this cause.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/DC3-Dakota/

Thanks in advance.

stevef
15th Feb 2008, 14:35
The petition amplifier needs to be amended because the type is not being grounded. The legislation applies to passenger use.
Anyway, I've signed it.

forget
15th Feb 2008, 14:55
Deadline to sign up by: 14 February 2009

Isn't the legislation being signed off before this?

Flying Signman
15th Feb 2008, 16:12
Hi Stevef,

You are quiet right, but I am not the instigator of the Petition.
I was merely promoting it in the general interests of Aviation.

I know where the originator will be and I'll see if he can amend it.

Thanks.

PPRuNe Pop
15th Feb 2008, 16:17
Well someone needs to get to him because it is currently self defeating and as someone has said time will run out.

As it stands it is not worth much in terms of success.

Agaricus bisporus
15th Feb 2008, 19:39
It is also rather self defeating if one can't even get the title of the thread grammatically correct. "Dakota's" (sic) is a plural, so there is, of course, no apostrophe.

For heaven's sake, if you want to be taken seriously at least make a bit of effort...

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Flying Signman
16th Feb 2008, 08:36
Sad that the grammar police see that as more important than the cause!

Oh, typing quickly is an artform...

Wonder why I do not spend so much time here nowadays?

PPRuNe Pop
16th Feb 2008, 11:49
You clearly are not taking the point.

It appears that the EU is interferring with the enjoyment of others again. The DC3 Dakota was instrumental in keeping post war Berlin fed and watered. The EU now propose to ground the type permenantly.
Fight to prevent this.

1. The aircraft are not being grounded.
2. There is a proviso that in applies to aircraft with 19 seats or more. That point has possibly not been fully understood yet.
3. The time limit is certainly NOT 2009. It is this year. So a petition is hardly going to be effective after the deed is it.

The point is that not much thought has been given to the wording and its present form it has a fair chance of failing. What is that worth. Unless it is re-written it is worthless IMHO.

Flying Signman
16th Feb 2008, 14:28
I'll say again.

I did not start the petition.
I have no control over the text being changed.

If you would like to change the title of this thread PPRuNe Pop, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PPRuNe Pop
17th Feb 2008, 06:50
Sorry if you feel that I was being unfair. That was not the intention. My comments were not directed at you. Hopefully the person concerned is seeing the point.

What exactly would you like the title to be?

PPP

Flying Signman
17th Feb 2008, 08:32
Thank you PPP,

How about "Please SIGN the Petition to save passenger flights on DC3 Dakotas"?

I'm still trying to get in touch with the originator, to see if the petition itself can be edited.

FS.

Evileyes
17th Feb 2008, 11:20
One would suspect that no editing is possible as the petition already has signatures on it.

It would appear that this particular petition is a write-off due to deficiencies in fact, composition, and tone. However, one way forward for those so inclined would be to start another one. One hopefully not written in the heat of the moment on a cocktail napkin and with some possibility of being taken seriously.

If someone were to place a draft petition in this thread all those PPRuNers interested in the project but frustrated with the quality of the last petition might help 'tweek' it into something worthwhile for submission to professionals.

Flying Signman
17th Feb 2008, 13:05
That sounds like a very worthy idea.:)

Any takers on a draft?

llanfairpg
19th Feb 2008, 08:31
It appears that the EU is interferring with the enjoyment of others again. The DC3 Dakota was instrumental in keeping post war Berlin fed and watered. The EU now propose to ground the type permenantly.
Fight to prevent this.

Same with the IMC petition, these things need to be thought out properly before putting pen to paper. The above quote from the DP petition says nothing much and what it does say is incorrect, another lost opportunity. You cannot amend a petition in any way.

If you are starting a petition get advice first and plan it out sensibly.