PDA

View Full Version : what should i do after written exams

dinob737
10th Apr 2001, 00:50
I just passed INRAT, SARON and SAMRA to convert my ICAO ATP to Canadian. What should I do next to get a Pilot's job? I last flew the B737-300 as first officer with more than 2000 hours on type. I have almost 3000 hours total time and more than 2000 hours flight engineer time. Should I do the flight test in a simulator? or should I do it on a multi-engine in one of the flight schools? I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

Luftwaffle
10th Apr 2001, 02:09
It sounds as if you have the hours and experience to approach the employers you are interested in and ask >them<. I assume you have all the PIC and box-ticking requirements to hold a Canadian ATPL. If I had 3000TT and 2000 hours on jets, I'd sure be asking the airlines what I should do next to get a job with them. Every week. :)

JoeCo
10th Apr 2001, 19:09
Start searching for every frigin' 737 operator in Canada!! Do a search on the internet, but a few right off are Royal, West Jet, Air Canada (took over Canadian's rigs in the meger)!! Sound easy to me!!

[This message has been edited by JoeCo (edited 10 April 2001).]

dinob737
11th Apr 2001, 07:44
Thanks guys! Does it make a difference that I only have SIC time in jets? Cheers!

JoeCo
12th Apr 2001, 08:31
Probably not!

Check out WINGS magazine, good Canadian Av. rag.

Oh ya, there's also CanJet in the East.

[This message has been edited by JoeCo (edited 12 April 2001).]

Constellation
13th Apr 2001, 06:25
As our counterpart friends say here in Pprune with the time and experience you have, you'll have a big chance getting employed with the airlines here in Canada.Yeah! Why not ask them?
BTW Congratulations for passing the exams!!!
Cheers!

------------------