PDA

View Full Version : Flying School Tech Log

Warrior2
14th Feb 2008, 17:37
Hey guys,

Appreciate it if this thread is still here in about 3 minutes but ill give it a try,

Im trying to get my local flying club to open up to the world of technology there is and im looking to build a flying school tech log, or buy one if there may be available.

If there is anyone can help THANKS

W2

parris50
16th Feb 2008, 10:16
Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you want to put all records on a computer, maybe a spreadsheet, how is it going to deal with engineer signatures, solo authorisations, flights when it may be required to carry the tech log on the plane etc etc. I'm probably wrong but a paper based system may be the only way to do it. You may have to get CAA approval too.

Warrior2
16th Feb 2008, 15:36
Thanks for the reply,

This is purely for admin use, we currently use a paper tech log and an excel spreadsheet. We are trying to just be able to total up the figures monthly easier.

W2

BackPacker
16th Feb 2008, 20:55
Our club has a computerized system which handles reservations, including authorizations/checkouts (but these generate warnings only, no errors so you can override if something has been put in erroneously) and it handles the aircraft problems list.

The people from the Dutch CAA have looked at it and found it fit for purpose. Although I don't know if there's a printer somewhere spitting out pages of whatever changed in the system as a paper backup.