View Full Version : Looking For Gigs

halfhardt-6
26th Sep 2000, 11:20
Gidday All,
I'm an Australian but was born in Toronto and I hold a Canadian passport. I've got an Australian CPL with Lear 35 and DC-3 ratings.Things look grim in Australia and I am looking elsewhere for work of any variety.Anyone with some info on the local scene would very much appreciated.
Cheers.

Ole Flashy
26th Sep 2000, 19:03
Well Son! You hit the jackpot....yer lucky Ole Flashy gets around.
I trained six pilots on C117 (Super DC3's) in Toronto two years ago including the chief pilot and a recently upgraded F/O phoned me asking if I knew of anybody with '3 time that would be upgradable to Captain.
In Canada the C117 and DC3 are the same type endorsement. Freight only, car parts to Texas and Dayton, freight to Indian settlements etc.
e-mail me at [email protected]

m&v
30th Sep 2000, 11:27
Ole Flashy,where did those 117's go to? I remember them doing circuits at Boundary,and were based at NanAimo for a while.Where are they now? Can one still get a "3" endorsement,how much???

WE GO NOW
30th Sep 2000, 21:40
I flew with Ole Flashy on those same Super 3's out of Nanaimo and Victoria all up and down the West Coast and Alaska as F/O and later Captain. I even did a stint at their new home in Brantford ON. I'm sure that a 3 endorsment is still available, as for how much, that would probobly be up to the company operating them. They are now operated by Gateway Airlines in Brantford. Flashy, maybe you can add a little if you read this.

Fly Safe

[This message has been edited by WE GO NOW (edited 01 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WE GO NOW (edited 01 October 2000).]

Ole Flashy
4th Oct 2000, 22:58
Gateway airlines, operating the OC belonging to Crown Charter, has moved to Centrallia. One has to remember that a C117 (Super DC3) endorsement may cover a DC3 in Canada but it is a different type rating in the USA. They are casually looking for F/O's according to a young captain there but I'm not sure if they train for outsiders... go work for them..it'll be a hoot.
They were heard flying over Attiwapaskat last week heading to the reserve at....can't remember.......
Hey RM, things are slow here, how is the family? e-mail me